Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I finally did it.
I traded in my ZX3, got a wopping 8K for it.
Found it hard to keep paying for something nobody was driving. Also the 2.3L makes the Zetec pretty much a bad investment for new products. I would have put my turbo setup on and drove it but I didn't want it to turn into another money hole project car. SO, I bought the car "SHE" wanted...(I did stick with the brand tho)...

I'm now a Proud owner of a GREY 2003 MACH1 Mustang 5spd.

Very fun to drive in straight line and decent handling.
Got a good deal, payed $28,330 after the pay off on the focus and $3300 worth of rebates. I have never had a car like this and I wanted something different. Fast in a straight line was the major motive (13.8s all day long), value was the second.
Its a limited production 03-04 model, 32V Cobra engine, 305HP, tons of torque, cool seats, and that shaker!

I'll aways have a little space inside for the ZX3 tho...
Flying down gravel roads, making the head lights dim like strobe lights, and trying to squeak every bit of go out of that Zetec.

See ya around

·
Banned
17,312 Posts
NIIIICE Car!!!
(WAYYYYYY OUtta MY Price-Range though.
)
I'm happy for you.
It's nowhere near as useful or practical, but enjoy the heck out of it while you can!!

(I was BORN a Mustang fan, it's just been displaced by the Focus in the Marketplace that the Mustang originally filled...)

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
aghh that thing is beautiful!

Were it not for insurance rates being what they are for my age range (16-24) i'd be driving a stang right now.

·
Registered
5,446 Posts
mach1's incite me to change my pants...very nice.

Cept I think you should be in the 12's...I very well may be on crack. But I know for a fact that a slicks, shifter, and rear gear change netted paul svinicki a 11.97...so I imagine you're high 12's low 13's.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Insurance rates went up, $25 extra per month.
It should do 13.1s on drag radials.
Practical?? For 2 person trip, its great!
Otherwise I have the SRT4 and a 95 bonneville (for now).
It's nice not having rug-rats

ALSO did I mention that I walk to work? No commuting means praticality has be deleted. Driven for FUN only!

·
INCREDIBLY SHRINKING POST COUNT!!! (PSST...Add 10K
6,259 Posts
Congrats JGS and enjoy your new Mustang Mach 1 as it is certainly a great car to have.

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Beautiful car and nice choice on color!

One of my auto-x buddies picked up one last fall that looks exactly like that. I've been in a few ride-alongs in it and damn is it a monster with Koni yellows and Hoosiers. It will turn, you just have to be forceful and patient at the same time(14th in FS at Topeka this year). Take it easy on the rear diff. They don't stand up well to punishment. His is already toast after less than 5k.

·
Registered
393 Posts
i hate mustangs
see sig

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
How the hell did you get 8,000 for your Focus? I laughed when they offered me 4, and its pristine.

Nice.
Same dealer sold me the car and it only had 8082 miles on it.
Hoosiers? boy, those can toast an LSD pretty quick...
Havn't seen any complains on the Mach board

Oh well, it will be 2 years before my car sees 5K

Everything about this car you have to stand on, its got large twin piston brembos and you still have to stand on the brakes (do that in the SRT and you nose will be squashed on the glass
). You have to drive this car like a brute, I LIKE IT! Good change of pace.
The paint is almost the same color as the liquid grey, a little darker with more flake. The seats are bolstered well, but still comfortable.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts