Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well guys after several years and 2 cars I am moving on to a new project. At the moment I am searching for a 91-93 Nissan Sentra SE-R. I have a few that I am looking at right now and will soon buy one. This will become my daily driver/project car so I am being very picky. My plan for it is a SR20DET swap from a BlueBird.

I will still hang around this place as I still love the focus and it is still in my family, parents are taking it over, who knows maybe one day I will come back to it, or perhaps my next project will be a C1 car.

Thanx to everyone for all your help. This is still a great place to hang even if alot has changed since it all started.

·
Banned
17,312 Posts

Take care.

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Those are great cars, enjoy. Not sure if you know, so I'll bring it up to maybe save you some hassle... Those cars tend to lose 5th gear, so heads up, if 5th feels odd on the one you're test driving, you may to keep looking.

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
nice choice
my friend had one he put a euro sr in and managed to have the car parked since then, im thinking of buying it off him.

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
Those are great cars, enjoy. Not sure if you know, so I'll bring it up to maybe save you some hassle... Those cars tend to lose 5th gear, so heads up, if 5th feels odd on the one you're test driving, you may to keep looking.
The 5th gear pop out problem was mainly a problem on 91-92 sr20 trannies. People who looked into it found it was caused by ppl resting there hands on the shifter when crousing down the freeway putting stress on the synchros and other linkages. Do a search on a sr20 message board and you can get more info. I havent heard of this problem when using trannies from the bluebird donor cars. If anything just get the engine and then goo a junkyard and get a tranny from a b14 se-r.

Congrats and it looks like you have woken up lol

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
Well guys after several years and 2 cars I am moving on to a new project. At the moment I am searching for a 91-93 Nissan Sentra SE-R. I have a few that I am looking at right now and will soon buy one. This will become my daily driver/project car so I am being very picky. My plan for it is a SR20DET swap from a BlueBird.

I will still hang around this place as I still love the focus and it is still in my family, parents are taking it over, who knows maybe one day I will come back to it, or perhaps my next project will be a C1 car.

Thanx to everyone for all your help. This is still a great place to hang even if alot has changed since it all started.
My roommate just sold his '91 for a grand. Some guy from virginia drove all the way up here to buy it. I like the SE-R, but if I were going with something on the B13 chassis I'd pick up an NX2000, they look pretty cool and t-tops rock!

·
Registered
3,199 Posts

How about a 240SX w/a SR20DET Swap and Drift that baby.

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
How about a 240SX w/a SR20DET Swap and Drift that baby.
to start its about the same price to do a RB25 swap now just because the premium the 'coveted' SR20 clips are ringing in these days, better swaps IMO would be either a CA18DET or RB25DET, unless you wanted to be logical and just build and turbo the KA24DE, considering the fact that the SR swap involved giving up a higher displacing iron block for a lightweight aluminum block with a several thousand dollar penalty, it just doesnt make much sense if you ask me.....

down with the SR swap craze already

unless we're talking bluebird swap into a sentra then, right on man, be original, and I can't wait to see it running and kicking arse

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
Why down with the sr swap?

Its bringin the s13 back to what its supposed to be, not a truck powered american peice of [censored]. Bolt in, simple swap, able to hit 540whp / 414wtq on stock bottom end.

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
the SR20 was available in the S13, S14, and S15, so technically it is somewhat bringing the chassis back to what it was supposed to be across the board, but for arguments sake....

yes, the SR20 can make 500+hp and 400+ ft/lbs on the stock bottom end, but you know what it costs to get there??? about the same as it would cost to have a built bottom end in a KA24DE, custom head, cams, and a nice turbo kit, blowing insane amounts of boost, and probably well beyond 500hp.......so once again, I have to ask.....WHY???? just to be like everyone else and their mother??? how many SR20 powered cars are out there??? THOUSANDS....there are so many SR powered 240s in Houston alone I wouldnt even dream of doing the swap just because its played out beyond belief...you're just like everyone else.....I know of shops that won't even do the swap anymore just because its so damn basic and overdone now that its not worth their time....

now if you wanted to be different....throw a fully built Tomei RB26 with a massive single turbo conversion, R200 rear end, in a nice non sunroof coupe, and do a full drag suspension set up......theeeen you'll be different....because you're talking ballpark of 1200hp, or about twice what your SR20's potential is

I'm just bitter about the insane rise in cost of SR20 clips, it used to be a great option for cheap power, and you used to be able to build a silvia for around 2K....BUT then word got out.....(blame SCC) and now everyone wants one, and it costs 4K+ for a clip and 2K+ for a car......if I only had the money when the time was right

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
205WHP / 194TQ @ 6.5PSI
Its qoutes like that that make me wonder why after my first se-r that got totaled to to a faulty repair job on the rear suspension berofre i bought it, why i bought the focus, and not another se-r

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
the SE-r is trying VERY hard to be my next car

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
all you young guys switchin cars like this. should be investin your time and money into somethin that can grow, not depreciate. mike, give chris his TB btw.

-Ult

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
atleast I'm not investing any more money into my Focus.....its depreciated from an initial investment of almost 20K to a measly 5K trade in value in a shocking 2 years

I'm just searching for a way to get out from under this BS

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
all you young guys switchin cars like this. should be investin your time and money into somethin that can grow, not depreciate. mike, give chris his TB btw.

-Ult

I am going over there today, part of the reasion I am giving up the focus is to save money, no more high monthly payment, now I have more money for school

·
Registered
2,538 Posts

-Ult
Well when you start swapping motors, throwing on turbos ect ect, its gonna depreciate, focus, nissan whatever

1 - 18 of 18 Posts