Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I decided to remove the EGR after a big crack appeared in my FC header, Ya, thats right, Im another victom of the poor quality FC product...

I removed the whole system and made a plate to cover the line coming from the manifold. As for the header, I used a french coin to plug the hole and screwed the egr fitting without the pipe. They wont help us with the war but they can help us block our EGR

Man the car feels alot better, like its breathing easier....Idles real nice.....

AND NO CHECK ENGINE!!!!!!

Any question or comment, Ill be happy to answer

miamiZx3

·
Registered
7,351 Posts
So you just left the DPFE sensor's hoses loose? Or did you plug the sensor off?

·
Registered
645 Posts
Did you just weld the header? Or put the stocker back on?

I've been running without the EGR for awhile and got tired of that pipe that sticks out of the intake manifold. It was in the way of my oil cooler/filter lines. So I took the manifold off and unscrewed the brass fitting and turned a nylon plug to go in the hole. This is a '01 model but it looks like there is quite abit of porting that can be done while I have it off. Coundn't hurt to fill some dead pockets and smooth some factory crap.

[ 02-24-2003, 06:29 PM: Message edited by: Leadfoot/S2 ]

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ya I had to weld the header and stick it back on......Im still having a problem with the way the FC raceheader meets with my Bosal flex though....It wont mate properly...I think I'm going to take it to a muffler shop and have them mess with a little to see if they can get it right......Well see........

And BTW....I just pluged the DPFE sensor off....Eventually if I dont get a check engine for a while I remove the whole system complety.....

miamiZX3

1 - 5 of 5 Posts