Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an '04 ZTS w/the passive anti-theft device. I always arm it using the remote sensor and have always hit the lock button twice to do this. The first time always locks the doors and makes the lights flash, the second time will usually give me a quick honk of the horn. Recently I have noticed a couple of problems with this and am wondering if it has anything to do with me hitting "lock" twice in succession on the remote.

Problem 1) I armed my car one morning this week and about a minute later, the alarm started going off. It disarmed when I hit the panic button, and I rearmed it and the alarm did not go aff again.

Problem 2) I armed my car a couple of weeks ago, went to a meeting, and came out about an hour and a half later to discover my alarm going off. I thought maybe it hit the panic button inadvertantly, but I don't think that was the case.

Now someone in my apt. complex has left a note on my car this morning claiming that my alarm goes off every morning around 6 am. I live on the opposite side of the building from where I park so I wouldn't hear it anyway. My question is, does anyone know if hitting "lock" twice on the remote sensor can cause the alarm to go off later? I've taken to locking the car from the interior to avoid using the remote, but I'm still trying to figure out the source of the problem. Any help would be appreciated!

·
Registered
434 Posts
you need to have the dealer take a look at it. NOTHING I do can make my alarm go off (except to hit the panic button). The alarm isn't a proximity alarm, it's just if someone opens a door after it's been armed. it won't even go off if you bust a window.

·
Registered
11,255 Posts
The passive anti-theft isn't more than a sticker on the window and a blinking LED on the dash.
Pretty much in a nutshell

Basically, SecuriLock is designed that the key has to be the right one with the right code before someone can start the car up. It doesn't do anything about someone breaking into your car like shattering a window or jimmying your car door open.

Have you put in any other aftermarket electronics like an audio head unit, remote starter, or anything else? Sometimes, things like these have been known to cause weird problems with the Focus.

I would also recommend taking the car in. The Passive Anti-Theft System (PATS) is quite a touchy circuit.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts