Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
I change diapers now
14,444 Posts
Ya man - Ya do know they have a Dyno sheet of all of their products on their given pages right?

Before Race Header:

After race Header:

drew
fok

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i know, but tha'ts why cams, port n polish and stuff like that.. i wanna know how's the dyno reseult of the race header alone with only some simple bolt ons like exhaust and intake.. i wanna see the graph actually...

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
also...thats tuned most likely...a race header on a slightly motor will lose power...seen it on a few cars..so if u buy the race header...make sure u have a dyno near by and some adj. cam gears

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
also...get some more air into that motor first

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
Originally posted by KicknZX3:
also...thats tuned most likely...a race header on a slightly motor will lose power...seen it on a few cars..so if u buy the race header...make sure u have a dyno near by and some adj. cam gears
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Not entirely true. With the FS race header/flex-pipe, Borla exhaust, and a conical air filter my car put down 128hp and 125ft/lbs of torque TO THE WHEELS. Bone stock my car put down between 108-110fwhp. Not too shabby for only 3 bolt ons.

[ 09-10-2002, 08:27 PM: Message edited by: PhocusZX3 ]

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
that suprises me...cause every dyno i have seen is different...nice though phocus

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
EDIT: I no longer have this setup...this dyno was well over a year ago.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
cool, my mods are borla exhaust, aem short ram, af/x udp and a diablo x-14 chip.. what do u guys think the gain would be?

·
Registered
598 Posts
Well I have the same modes as you just from differnent companies AND the Race header so this might help. I have a Volant Intake, FC headers, bosal exhaust and flex pipe, Esslinger UDP, and a diablo chip.

With those mods I Dyno'd at 132Hp and 138Tq.

To be completly honest i would figure that your dyno #'s might be a little lower due to the fact that you have a short ram and Borla has a narrow 2" section in it's exhaust with cuts down on a little power. But If you add a Race header and Flexpipe I think you'll be knocking at 130Hp door.

Good Luck

·
Registered
997 Posts
ive noticed good gains on the butt dyno!

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Originally posted by MalibuBlueZx3:
To be completly honest i would figure that your dyno #'s might be a little lower due to the fact that you have a short ram and Borla has a narrow 2" section in it's exhaust with cuts down on a little power. But If you add a Race header and Flexpipe I think you'll be knocking at 130Hp door.

Good Luck
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">thanks for the info so much

but what do u mean by Borla has a narrow 2" section in it's exhaust ??? coz i dunno anything about it?
can u tell me more?? coz i don't understand, thanks

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
also i guess some people r lucky with there stock cam settings...also why would a 2.5" cat-back have 2" narrows...and why would borla do that...i never saw that on the systems

·
Registered
702 Posts
My Borla is 2.5" all the way back.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts