Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, would anyone be interested in a group buy for the MAFterburner fuel management system? The fuel system on the Focus is its weakest link and with this system, a STOCK Focus GAINED 6hp and 6lbs/tq!!!

The kit retails for $300, but if we get 10 interested, we could get them for $255/unit.

Go to MAFterburner.com for details on how the system works.

[ 02-09-2003, 10:14 PM: Message edited by: focus_rs ]

·
Registered
276 Posts
is that along with or instead of the Pro M MAF sensor? You have my interest peaked...

What about a discounted price on the Stage II?

[ 02-08-2003, 11:04 PM: Message edited by: dropdfocus ]

·
Registered
727 Posts
quite interested... I would like to know a little bit more tho.

·
Registered
384 Posts
very interested, email me please w/ more details.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This is a system that plugs into your ECU and allows you to tune you air/fuel mixture in increments of 400rpm with the use of a laptop computer. The software is very user friendly. The MAFterburner works great with stock and aftermarket fuel systems and mass air flow sensors.

And, yes, the Stage II system (retail for $400) will be available for $350.

Thanks and please let me know if you have anymore questions.

[ 02-09-2003, 10:13 PM: Message edited by: focus_rs ]

·
Registered
727 Posts
does it take an expert to figure out the tuning with this thing?

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
I'm surprised that no one has said anything but the focus is pretty much tuned to max horsepower as far as a/f is concerned from the factory

there is maybe 2-3horsepoer AT MOST from adjusting the a/f ratio on a focus

but hey..if you want to spend $350 plus dyno time to figure it out, go for it

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Off the topic of the group buy, TRUenemy00, but how is the Focus tuned to max when my car stutters and shakes and leans out throughout the entire RPM range. This even happens on my friend's SVTF.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally posted by bartlomiej:
does it take an expert to figure out the tuning with this thing?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I personally don't think so. The software is very user friendly and works with Windows. Probably the most difficult thing would be physically installing the unit itself.

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
Originally posted by focus_rs:
Off the topic of the group buy, TRUenemy00, but how is the Focus tuned to max when my car stutters and shakes and leans out throughout the entire RPM range. This even happens on my friend's SVTF.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">If it stutters and shakes, thats omst likely not a/f related

and you car leans out? so you think richening it up is going to make more power? are you kidding?
There isn't anything you can do with the a/f on a mostly stock car to get any power but hey, waste your money

diablo advance timing to hell and lean it out, on the dyno 0-3whp and has been shown to sometimes ping because of hw aggressive it is
superchips has a less aggressive program 0-2whp
Tom/Mike chip on a fairly stock car, 3-4horsepower

and all that is messing with fuel and timing

but you think by adding/taking away fuel with this maf burner you going to get 15, keep dreaming

why not make a package deal and include an electric turbo and intake resistor and get another 45horsepower

I'm not saying the maf burner is useless or anyhting like that biut to say your going to gain any power let alone 15 horsepower on a stockish car is COMPLETE BULL****

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Erik, thank you.
You should come up here and slap me while you're at it. I read the wrong dyno. The one I was referring to was for the Mustang. On a stock Focus, the MAFterburner led to gains of 6HP and 6lbs/tq. Still not bad numbers. This will also smooth out your engine and help you tune your aftermarket fuel products.

I apologize for the mix up. Thanks again to Erik for catching it.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Originally posted by TRUenemy00:
and now you edited your horsepower claims on your original post?

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">why not?
should he have left it at 14 to keep everyone confused?

·
Registered
836 Posts
no, he should get his facts straight to begin with

I'd still like to see the proof of the 6whp and 6lbs of torque on a stock focus with this thing...

or will he just edit his post again?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Don't forget that the Mafterburner can do other things. Your going to like this one TRU , You can adjust your WOT break point
. Also if you get the plus model it has a built in window switch for nitrous or a shiftlight . You can install larger injectors and not have to install a chip or MAF that is calibrarted for them. I do recommend that you buy the Mafterburner Plus. It is worth the extra money for it.

If you look at my dyno in my sig and you compare run .015 with .014 you will see that i gained 1.4 of peak torque in run .015. That was only one small adjustment that i made. I ran out of dyno time and only got to make 3 runs with adjusting the air fuel. When ever i get back home and get a new intake manifold put on my car i will go to a dyno and test the mafterburner and get some solid numbers.

Why wouldn't you want the ability to tune your A/F ratio in the palm of your hands? I'm satisfied with it, i'm glad i bought it. I think once i get back to the dyno and get more time i will be even more satified. Don't worry i will post in Zetec Tuning when i get this done. I guess the decision is best left to the buyer. I hope that i've given some valuable information to everyone.......Russell

[ 02-10-2003, 01:36 PM: Message edited by: Russell ]

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
no, he should get his facts straight to begin with

I'd still like to see the proof of the 6whp and 6lbs of torque on a stock focus with this thing...

or will he just edit his post again?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Erik, there's no reason for you to get smart. I made a mistake, looked at the Mustang dyno sheet posted right above the Focus dyno sheet. Oh no! Eternal damnation in hell for that!
Take it easy and let the people decide for themselves. I'm just trying to pass along a good deal on a pretty decent product as you can see from Russell's post.

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
no, don't get me wrong...I'm not saying this is a ****ty product or anything like that

I'm just saying that I find it extremely hard to believe there were such gains from it on a stock ford focus I'd love to see an independent dyno showing those results

You posted the info without any proof to support your claim basically getting people all excited about a product that will most likely disapointed

when you edited your post, you could have at least made note of the edit so a first times reader of the post wouldn't be confused.

This item can be beneficial for some but I think this post was very misleading to many who read it

1 - 20 of 36 Posts