Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Official [FJ] Distinguished Advisor
19,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
LOL. :p

How about 3 rounds of 1/10th scale Radio Controlled Focus racing? A simple course can easily be set up and 3 rounds of 25 laps can be run informally.

Just a thought. :cool:

Brings your Focus-bodied R/C cars if you have 'em for fun and carnage. :thumbup:

·
19,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
With all due respect to any and all R/C car owners, I predict that there will be a total of perhaps three to five people qualified in fielding a decent-handling R/C car... hopefully more; they're not easy to set up. I can be available with a working pit table to troubleshoot basic issues and provide some fundamental guidance stemming from a few years of competitive local racing.

Either way, all it takes are two well-driven cars to make things fun to watch. :thumbup:

·
Small Car Czar
15,328 Posts
Z63R said:
With all due respect to any and all R/C car owners, I predict that there will be a total of perhaps three to five people qualified in fielding a decent-handling R/C car... hopefully more; they're not easy to set up. I can be available with a working pit table to troubleshoot basic issues and provide some fundamental guidance stemming from a few years of competitive local racing.

Either way, all it takes are two well-driven cars to make things fun to watch. :thumbup:
OK, you are officially "in charge" of this event! ;) :lol: :thumbup:

·
mani i love dongs
7,048 Posts
i'd be in, though i need to go pick up some new bats for my car, the one i have is toast. and my car looks like **** cus i actually run the crap out of it so it won't win any beauty contests.

·
19,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
focaljet-1

OK, you are officially "in charge" of this event! ;) :lol: :thumbup:
OK, if it helps you.

There goes my "relaxing" weekend of hanging out with my [FJ] "friends and associates". LOL. R/C stuff when done right is quite time-consuming... :( :p :)

And chewie: The first thing you'll prolly need is a motor rebuild complete with a commutator cut and fresh brushes... I have a lathe... and I have at least 50 pair of good brushes with only two racing runs on them... (<--- yes. It's insane.)
:lol:

·
Liter-a-cola? I measure my drinks in YARDS!
9,786 Posts
I'll bring some of the toys..... so they can sit in the racing lines and ram into the real cars. :lol:

·
mani i love dongs
7,048 Posts
Z63R said:
And chewie: The first thing you'll prolly need is a motor rebuild complete with a commutator cut and fresh brushes... I have a lathe... and I have at least 50 pair of good brushes with only two racing runs on them... (<--- yes. It's insane.)
:lol:
I have no idea what you just said! :dunno:

I just bought a new battery today and i'll try to give the car a bath before i come out since the last time i had it out was on the dirt and it got a little muddy/dusty. If you can give me some help/pointers for it when i get there, that'd be awesome.

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
So is this for nitro cars or electric cars? Or how about monster trucks?

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
If I was able to make it to JF2 this would definitly interest me!

My HPI Nitro RS4 Focus WRC would be tearin' it up in 4WD glory :evilgrin:

·
Pron Star
14,609 Posts
Can I mail my R/C TB-01 and have someone drive it? I spent time in Iraq and Kuwait so it is pretty beat. Z63R?

·
19,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If it would mean that much to you, then send it but that would add to an already huge workload for me with what I've already offered to do. What kind of shape is this thing in? TB-01s were not the most sophisticated machines, you know. :p

f2focus

So is this for nitro cars or electric cars? Or how about monster trucks?
Nitro and electric cars. Based on the "informality" or "informalness" in my first post, the course would be so basic, so limited in size as to favor the electric cars; they're lighter and handle better on a confined track.

Again, in the spirit of the first post, this informal event would not favor monster trucks, but we could run a separate heat in each of three rounds just for the trucks just as long as there were at least two.

·
mani i love dongs
7,048 Posts
my TT-01 won't be much better then, haha

·
Pron Star
14,609 Posts
Z63R said:
What kind of shape is this thing in? .
10 months in Iraq in the desert and 3 months in Kuwait in the desert, you tell me.

·
19,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'd need a few macro shots of the chassis and driveline with the body off. LOL.

That particular car, though, does have a great pedigree, having travelled and been run in those locales.:thumbup: Looks good even thought the body's hammered.

·
Registered
658 Posts
I could possibly bring my Losi LXT. But I'll be tracking my Focus both days so I'm not sure I'll have much spare time to play, or even have free space in the car for it. I'd rather bring a plane or two, but I know I won't have room for them.

Maybe I can strap my wireless video camera to my R/C truck and provide an "in-cab" video of the race. :lol:

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
I'll race you with my off road buggy if I can run a 19 turn against your stock motors. I only have off road stuff. Losi BK2 and MF2, but I can bring my box to help out with a charger and tools if need be.

·
19,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The buggies are fine; they're 1/10 scale. Bring it all. :thumbup: I have a feeling we'll need at least two complete "pits".

Or whatever; I know that stuff's heavy... :p

1 - 20 of 66 Posts