·
Official [FJ] Distinguished Advisor
19,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
^ ^ ^ How about it? :thumbup:

·
aka nitetimebolher
1,336 Posts
I have a couple Focus RC's but they're the kind you can just buy at KB, or Toys R Us, so they're slower compare to the custom made ones, are there requirements?

·
19,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
HPI made a 1/10 scale Focus WRC body but they've since been discontinued.

Anything will do; just bring out a scale RC car.

At this point I should remeind everyone that there may be transmitter frequency conflicts; make sure you have a backup set of crystals or one of the newer radio control transmitter/receiver systems like Spectra (or whatever it's called...)

·
mani i love dongs
7,048 Posts
Tamiya also makes a focus body.

·
19,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
That's it; Spectrum. Teh Spectrum m0dule... that's pretty dialed.

I had good luck at the local track with the two obscure channel number sets of Genuine Futaba crystals I had for my 3PJ Super; no one that raced onroad used my freqs so I never invested in the Xtra, nor later, just as I was getting into the Focus and [FJ], the Spectrum. My stuff's four, five, even six years old now.

:p

·
Registered
658 Posts
I've got my two channels to choose from: ch70 on 75Mhz (surface) and ch41 on 72Mhz (air) :D

Z63R said:
My stuff's four, five, even six years old now.
:p
And my truck is almost 15 years old, and hasn't been used in 10. :lol: I probably need to go pick up some new batteries. :rolleyes:

·
9 and 3 Damnit! 9 AND 3!!!!!!!
9,347 Posts
i want one so i can play too.

where is a good place to look for RC cars

·
mani i love dongs
7,048 Posts
hobbytown-usa.com or something like that. just do a search for R/C focus 1:10 scale

·
Pron Star
14,609 Posts
Z63R said:
I'd need a few macro shots of the chassis and driveline with the body off. LOL.

That particular car, though, does have a great pedigree, having travelled and been run in those locales.:thumbup: Looks good even thought the body's hammered.
You should see the otherside! I will work on the phtos for you. Will you need the charger and the radio? I have one extra battery pack as well.

·
Registered
658 Posts
brads03zx3 said:
Z63R is quite nasty at drifting as well...witnessed at FOTB.
I even have video. :cool:
http://www.jefethegreat.com/focus/pics_06/07-22-06_FOTB/vid/VIDEO_00002.mp4

I pulled out my truck and dusted it off, and found one battery thats still good. :thumbup: I then proceeded to tweek the suspension now that suspension geometry and weight transfer make sense to me. :lol: And then I power slid it into a curb and busted a rear knuckle. :rolleyes: After much searching I finally found someone that had the part in stock, and now I wait till I can play again. :(

·
19,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
If you can call aiming at two orange cones "drifting". :p

I think purpose-built R/C drfit cars have hard vinyl tires. As it turns out, I was just getting away from racing as these R/C drfit cars started to hit the shelves... :dunno:

About that vid; do I need an additional bit O' software to view it? 'cause all I get's a red x. Thanks. :thumbup:

21 - 40 of 66 Posts