Ford Focus Forum banner

41 - 60 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Z63R said:
I think purpose-built R/C drfit cars have hard vinyl tires. As it turns out, I was just getting away from racing as these R/C drfit cars started to hit the shelves... :dunno:

. :thumbup:
Well i turned mine into a drift car by tightening the diff a lot and these special abs "tires". the rubber vinyl tires only really work with nitro cars. the plastic set gives me little to no traction:thumbup: also high turn motors work better because they have more low rpm torque for better modulation and manueverablity. low turn are only good for big high speed sweeping drift slides:evilgrin:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hey Squire,
Looks like there is definately an interest in this. I might tell some of the boys to bring out there cars for some demo racing. Should be fun.

Ill bring my AMB just in case. Maybe even my PA system. I dont think we will need a driver's stand...do we?

·
Registered
883 Posts
I'd be up for this event with my focus bodied AWD nitro TC3, Or even find a way to put the focus body on my T-Maxx :lol: But unfortunatley i wont be making it out the jetfest 2 :(

LAZ

·
Official [FJ] Distinguished Advisor
19,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
I dont think we will need a driver's stand...do we?
Racing's always better when one's a little high. Higher off the ground, that is... for better visibility...

:p

Well, we're now waiting on fj-1 to discover if we indeed have the room for this; there's a lot going on at the Speedway that weekend. I did mention that all we needed is, though it's on the small side, roughly 40 X 60 feet...

Keep an eye peeled and on this thread for further developments as to a "structured" (though informal) R/C dealie. Those who will be hanging out in the JetFest area the entire weekend either camping or in motorhomes will be bringing their stuff anyways for something to do after hours.

Thanks for checking in!

Zerogravity, everyone; the Official SoCal Outdoor R/C Racing Director. With an AMB transponder system.

:thumbup:

·
Faster than a Cobra
16,008 Posts
We should set up a course for those Tyco RC Focuses to let people run those.
Sure, they are kiddie toy crap, but they are all the same. All of them are equal in performance so it comes doen to driving skill.

I've got 3 of them:

Hell.........I could bring them and we could run a Pro Solo style course and have an elimination bracket to come down to a final winner. :D

·
19,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
^ ^ ^ They'd get damaged... if you're up for that, then, yeah!
:lol:

:p

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Ataru said:
We should set up a course for those Tyco RC Focuses to let people run those.
Sure, they are kiddie toy crap, but they are all the same. All of them are equal in performance so it comes doen to driving skill.

I've got 3 of them:

Hell.........I could bring them and we could run a Pro Solo style course and have an elimination bracket to come down to a final winner. :D
How much are those??

I'd buy one...

Lamar

·
Pron Star
14,609 Posts
Z63R I need you addy to ship it to. My Milinium charger only works on 12vDC. Also I will be shipping it registered mail so you will have to sign for it.

·
19,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
James, with all due respect, I am not in a position to deal with this. I do apologize as I think that I'm the one that may have suggested it.

Looks like there will be no R/C Focus Challenge, just a few of us playing around with a variety of R/C cars and hopefully on a marked course.

My actual Focus will be full of paraphernalia for JetFest and I will have little time to even work on my own R/C car. Then there's the matter of returning your car to you and I certainly can't store it at home. I have too much to get rid of as it is. I hope you'll understand.

Regretfully,

Chris

·
Registered
101 Posts
paraphernalia
seeing that word in writing made my eyes cross and i had to do this:eek:

but i dont think you should fret too much Z63R. we should all have plenty to entertain ourselves with and you should have fun too without having to be burdened with a lot of responsibilty.

hell, who says we need a marked course anyhow? i say we play R/C "twisted metal":party:

ohh the crunching sound of lexan:hump:

·
19,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
Your timing is impeccable, sir, and in more ways than one (with your timing system and track). :p I've just now rec'd word that we will have room for a conservatively-sized 1/10 scale track!

I'm bringing my entire Pit and two cars: My TC3 Rally Kit Focus and my Losi XXX-S, though I'll prolly just play with the Focus.

:party:

·
mani i love dongs
7,048 Posts
awesome news. can't wait to come out. i might not have too much time to race mine, but i'll let someone else run it for me, its pretty beat up so i don't mind the shell getting demolished too much.

·
Registered
372 Posts
I am gonna have to find a Focus Body now for my TL-01X. Who makes a good battery that will actually last longer than 5 minutes? My TL-01 saps the power out of battery in a flash mainly because of the motor and the frictionless setup. Squire, you have any ideas?

41 - 60 of 66 Posts