Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Didn't get a single relavent hit with the search feature. Found this page at Diablosport: www.diablosport.com/ford.html.

Ford Predator
— Improves timing and fuel curves
— Allows fine tuning adjustments to timing and fuel curves of DiabloSport tune
— Speed limiters
— Adjustable rev limiter for a broader power band
— Adjust speedometer for gear and/or tire diameter changes
— Adjust shift points in vehicles with automatic transmissions, and increase line pressure for quicker, firmer, more precise gear changes
— Ability to re-tune vehicles after factory re-flash of ECU
— Predator flash tool allows custom tuned downloads
— Multi-vehicle diagnostic tool with live data monitoring and fault code scan/erase capabilities.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I talked to them about it at SEMA a bit. It sounded like it should be coming out early this year. Maybe I'll have to give them a call and see what the scoop is. I'm about ready to buy a chip but this would definately be better... Anybody have any info to add?

·
Driver > Car
23,988 Posts
wtf. i got a diablochip maybe 4 months ago, under the impression that this programming is compatible with it.

*sigh*

·
Registered
11,123 Posts
Uh, does this give the tuning capability into the hands of the customer?

·
Registered
847 Posts
Originally posted by P-51:
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">hehe, wanna bet that it doesn't? Still, I guess it's better than the regular chips.

Hhhhmm, the spedometer change to compensate for tire diameter changes is something I never really thought about...are other chips able to do this too? I would presume so.

·
Premium Member
5,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I e-mailed yesterday to find out the status of the Ford application and got this...

The Predator for the Focus will be about 4 more months. Development is coming along a little slower than expected.

Chris
PDQ
www.pdqperformance.com
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">So now I guess I'm back to having to decide what to do for the near future...

Edited to fix a weird formatting thing.

[ 01-17-2003, 01:57 PM: Message edited by: CharlesWA ]

·
Registered
321 Posts
Originally posted by Marction:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by P-51:
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">hehe, wanna bet that it doesn't? Still, I guess it's better than the regular chips.

Hhhhmm, the spedometer change to compensate for tire diameter changes is something I never really thought about...are other chips able to do this too? I would presume so.
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">At least stock ECU can do that. You can adjust the speedometer to the desired tire size when you hook the car up to the official service computer...

[ 01-18-2003, 02:35 AM: Message edited by: Cem Aygun ]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts