Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any Rally Fans? Ojibwe, MN, Aug 26 & 27

http://www.ojibweforestrally.com/index.php

Anyone going up to spectate, work, or compete? This will be my first Ojibwe Forest Rally, but, I've been up for two Headwaters Rally's and from what I've seen the MN crowd is friendly and looking for enthusiastic volunteers.

I was thinking if we could get a group together it would make the event more fun.

As a worker, going on stage, whether it is to a marshall point or control area or as part of the bannering crew it can give you a taste of what the roads are like for the competitors. Not to mention you get the best seat in the house for the show.

As a spectator it can be a blast too, even with the location restrictions, you can make it into an event like a combo of a backyard barbeque and football game/tailgate outing.

As a competitor - well heck you know what I mean, and if you need crew let me know!

- Scott

PS - I've worked 4 different rally's now, meeting new people and learning new things related to rally racing has been a blast for me and I'll bet any of our RallyX'ers would love the challenge too!

·
Registered
19,264 Posts
Re: Any Rally Fans? Ojibwe, MN, Aug 26 & 27

I've worked 3 rally events this year.... I think I'm up to my 10th or 11th rally in the last 3 years.

They're a lot of fun, despite some of the most harsh weather you ever endure in SoCal (last weekend @ Treeline... 100+* temps... no shade....all day!)

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Any Rally Fans? Ojibwe, MN, Aug 26 & 27

...They're a lot of fun, despite some of the most harsh weather you ever endure in SoCal (last weekend @ Treeline... 100+* temps... no shade....all day!)
I second that, but, I'll trade you a couple of 30-34 degree days of rain/snow/sleet with North winds blowing in your face at LSPR in Michigan for your weekend at Treeline! Always been able to tolerate heat much better than cold...

Either way, too hot or too cold, you have to be a little bit "committed" (aka: crazy) to really enjoy working an event when the weather can be so unpredictable.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts