Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Man I hate the headrest, who's the idiot freak who design such a POS? So I've took it off. So i'm wondering if there's any risk to it? The only thing I can think of is if I get in a accident I would have some seriouse whiplash going on. But other then that, is that it?

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
its saved my butt in a few accidents....you'll get wiplash WITH it....you'll get paralyzed WITHOUT it....not worth the loss IMO

·
Registered
168 Posts
yeah put them back on or get different seat because that can be very very bad for a accident.

·
Registered
561 Posts
You might want to put them back on cause if you get in an accident you will not be felling to good. If you don't like them that much why don't you get some racing seats of something like that?

·
Registered
135 Posts
Originally posted by Zxtremely3:
Man I hate the headrest, who's the idiot freak who design such a POS? So I've took it off. So i'm wondering if there's any risk to it? The only thing I can think of is if I get in a accident I would have some seriouse whiplash going on. But other then that, is that it?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Yeah man, just take that POS off. I mean, it was designed by an idiot, what use could it be?
While at it, get rid of the seatbelts and airbags as well. I mean, the worst that can happen is that if you get into an accident you might get some minor injuries.

·
Registered
786 Posts
What exactly is it you hate about it?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well I hate teh triangle part that sticks into the back of your skull. Put it up and it sits on top of your head and put it down and it'll stick you in the neck. It's stupid and annoying, why cant we get some regular flat head rest? No we need this special stupid design.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
I agree, the design is just retarded. How on Earth could a designer think that its well-shaped for a human head?

I'm toying with the idea of turning it around. I think the back of it is flat.

When I was about 8 my dad got rear-ended while I was sitting next to him. His headrest was pretty low (it was a Renault, and the seat backs werent very tall). His neck was hurt pretty bad for several months. From that day on, he checked the headrest before he even put on his seatbelt.

·
Banned
17,312 Posts
It works just GREAT with my helmet on!
If it were Flat, it wouldn't.

·
Registered
11,123 Posts
Without that headrest, you'll end up looking at the rear seat, upside-down... if you get my meaning.

And it is designed that way for a reason. The headrest should contact your head ABOVE it's center of mass, that means on the top. That way your neck is compressed. If the point of contact is below the center of mass, your head will lift on impact, and you'll get neck injuries.

It's a small detail, kinda like snugging up your seatbelt instead of leaving it loose. Having it backward is better than not having it at all. But, it's safest to use as intended.

·
Registered
470 Posts
If you got in a an accident and you took off the factory headrests, the other guys insurance would attempt to blame your injuries on that and you would have a hard time in court getting whatever the accident settlement could be.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
I had thought aboout taking mine out as well. Decided against doing it. It just makes my seats look really weird. I would really consider getting racing seats instead. Like Torino or even the Cobra seats, no not the ones from the Mustang either.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Oh Lord, those things are not headrests, LOL. They are head restraints to keep your neck from snapping in the event of a wreck. No wonder they are uncomfortable because you're not supposed to be laying on them

1 - 16 of 16 Posts