Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car (ZTS) is currently unmodded and I figure it's about time to start. I plan on doing suspension first as it is easier to do myself and cheaper for the most part the way I see it (especially since I plan on going turbo later on). Anyway, here is what I plan to get right now:

Apex SS Kit ($400) - includes shocks, struts, and springs

I don't know whether I should get the Eibach Anti-Sway kit (which includes front and back bars for like $270) or just the Progress rear bar for like $120.

Also I know prothane bushing are really useful but I don't know which ones are necessary to buy and which ones are worthless. If somebody could make me a list of bushings etc. I should get please do so!

I heard a front stress bar is worthless on a Focus so I won't bother spending ~$90 on one.

Thanks

·
Registered
311 Posts
Apex kit...

As for swaybars...I'd suggest getting an Ford OEM SVT rear, 21mm for less than $100 and see how you like that. And for bushings, get the rear swaybar kit and use the endlink bushings only, get a prothane tranny-mount bushing, and if you're really feeling froggy go for the front control arm bushings.

You won't even believe its the same car after you make these changes. I have the Apex and 21mm rear bar and I love it. Can't beat it for the money in my opinion.

·
Banned
17,312 Posts
I'll agree with the above.
Unless you're doing Hard-Core Competition, and you've used a Tire Pyrometer to determine a NEED for a larger front bar, I'd either go with the SVT/S2 bar, OR, the Progress bar.

·
Registered
6,179 Posts
I haven't run the SVT bar, but the Progress is worth every penny (and I paid more for mine than Tony's current offer!)

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
FYI, Suspension Techniques (and Addco as well) make 7/8" rear bars which work out to .4 mm bigger than the Progress bar. I got the S/T for $139.

I am in the developing stages of a 15/16" (24mm) 3-way adjustable rear bar. I hope to have the prototype on by next week--photos etc. to follow soon.

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
I recommend at least checking out the kits that FK offers for the Focus. I can only vouch for one kit, that being the 35/40mm Hitec, but I must say that the performance is right up there with the looks
I don't have any experience with any other matched damper/spring kits, but since the Hitec is still on special (AFAIK) at $345 shipped, how can you go wrong?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts