Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
quick question. i know i dont have the quietest engine in the world, the noise in coming from the belt side of the engine. but i was told the spi is rather a noisey engine anyway, is there any truth to this. i now have approx 115,000km on the car

·
Not Special Enough
10,540 Posts
well, mine is pretty noisy. The AC compressor sounds like crap when its on and the motor itself vibrates alot more than the zetec or duratec. (but mine isnt exactly stock either)

·
Registered
407 Posts
The SPI is a naturally noisy engine, but that's just because of the injectors. It shouldn't make alot of other noises.
Speaking of, I dont mean to Hijack the thread at all but just wanted to ask a quick question with out having to make a new thread. Will 32# injectors that were on a zetec fit a SPI?

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i think i may have pin pointed the problem, it seems to be coming from one of my pulleys, im not sure which one, i'll have to throw it on the ramp at work to find out. but i guess it don't help when the manifold is ticking, when the egr tube is split where it mount's up. i think it's about time for the timing belt to be changed also, when do it have to be done? could this possibly make any noises?

·
Registered
856 Posts
T-belt should be replaced every 60k or so. It could very well make some noise, you would have to take the upper timing cover off to investigate further. If you do a timing belt, do a water pump at the same time.

·
Registered
280 Posts
i dont know, mine started making a rattling noise but only does it in the morning when ever i am stopped. then it quits. took it to ford and they said nothing is awrong. are they dicking me around or what? could it be the motor mount being loose?

·
Registered
77 Posts
mine is making that noise to around the pullies also . at first i thought i was hereing it from the injectors but after inspecting it more sounds more like the little pully from the center . my noise though happens while driving .runs smooth most the time but like if im the highway doing 65 then its starts going uphill and i step on the gas if i release the peddle slightly i hear it . i will have it checked out this weekend let you know whats up

1 - 8 of 8 Posts