Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im bored at work so I figured Id throw it out there. Anybody else in the focus world wakeboard? Ive been riding for about 4 years now and Im pretty much addicted. Just wondering if there is anyone else out there that rides.

Heres my old and current set up:
Left is Current ride = 2012 Parks Modello w/ Parks Boots by Ronix
Right is retired/my girlfriend's board = 2011 District Package by Ronix

Then there is the "wake corner" of my room. My board storage with some autographed boards from 2 of my favorite riders Reed Hansen (orange wakeskate) and Andrew Adkison (black and blue board). The wall is covered by some autographs Ive gotten from some of the pros at the events Ive gone to or ridden in.

And finally a shot of the towboat and one of me doing an simple but fun Mellon Late 180.

·
Registered
584 Posts
My friends and I have been wakeboarding for years and you're right, it's very addictive. My best mate is an ex professional and he's amazing to watch, fearless!

This is him gapping a slider in competition that everyone thought was to big to gap...

http://youtu.be/9EodAbmCuYQ

I take it you don't ride cable/jumps/sliders? Those boards look in too good a condition. Nothing wrong with that of course, boat riding has it's own challenges.

Nice kit BTW

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I take it you don't ride cable/jumps/sliders? Those boards look in too good a condition. Nothing wrong with that of course, boat riding has it's own challenges.
I ride cable ever now and then. I just put my boots on a friends board. I like to wakeskate out at the cable park to hit the sliders. But my last go at the cable left me with a busted elbow after my hand went through the handle on an indy tantrum off the kicker. Not fun.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Lol at "put my boots on a friend's board"...Good move, sliders wreck your board.

The potential for strange injuries is always there, I've seen a few nasty ones and received a few myself. I don't do anything strenuous these days though, I busted my back a few years ago and it won't take a landing any more.

I love being out on the water though, it's an amazing feeling, the sort of thing that life is all about.

·
HELLAFRUSH
9,744 Posts
I like to wakesurf.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts