Ford Focus Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey straight-liners, any1 gettin ready to make a move b4 tracks close for the yr? if so, do tell. small projects, big projects, FI, squeeze, NA stuff...anythin. no matter how big or small...hell if your goin for the 1st time, lets hear it.

i myself will be out there, back after it, before year's end. gonna make that 14sec pass official (havent run 1/4s in a while if anythin).

so post away my friends on the straight and narrow.

-Ult

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
hey straight-liners, any1 gettin ready to make a move b4 tracks close for the yr? if so, do tell. small projects, big projects, FI, squeeze, NA stuff...anythin. no matter how big or small...hell if your goin for the 1st time, lets hear it.

i myself will be out there, back after it, before year's end. gonna make that 14sec pass official (havent run 1/4s in a while if anythin).

so post away my friends on the straight and narrow.

-Ult
My personal goal is to get the PZEV back with my intake on it with drag radials and see how low she can go. Not much else out there for it....i may chance the pulley install again with the proper timing equipment too...we'll see.

·
Registered
5,446 Posts
I"m rootin for all of ya. My focus is across the country, and is dead stock, so I ain't doing crap, cept honing my RWD skills in others' cars.

I'd like to see some PZEV peeps run some pretty SVT-beating times with all the minor bolt ons (im confident it'll happen. And can't wait for ATX update from tom.

GOOD LUCK

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
I would like to see some 11`s with the white car and the new Lentec ATX

Tom
Probably a stupid question, but why did you switch to the ATX? How do you launch with it too? Just curious

Back on topic: I didn't run at FFW and I couldn't go to Import Wars at NED. Hoping to go up on a Friday night for their open street nights just for ha-ha's (never run before so it should be interesting/embaressing)

·
Registered
729 Posts
i wanna try and get down to 42 and run bone stock for a baseline before i tear into it this winter.

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
here's my checklist still to do (had to go back stock for some warranty work, non-related, just wanted to be safe) for makin a stab at 14s (well to make it official, i know it can do it). bold is done.

EGR Removal (block plate 1 end, cap the other....chip reprgm if needed).
(this is also for massively quicker ORP swaps for track days).

spare egr bung, 1st o2 and 2nd o2 for ORP

Gauges (pod is mounted, lights/wiring/grounds done, finish oil sender).

Alignment (needed)

mount 2 new front tires

rebalance drag tires (dependent on wheels)

rebalance rear tires

P51 Shims (check)

Reinstall Chip (track only if possible-gas prices)

ORP (track-only, got extra 2nd 02 and egr bung, need 1st o2)

cams back to +5, +5 (previous best settin, might need tune)

clean k+n

change oil (amsoil)

change coolant (2yrs hasnt been done, goin for it now)

cougar shifter base (supposedly it worx, and its metal we'll see)

clean/wax/detail/polish

find lighter 14in wheels for my drags (cheap in junkyards, any alloy better than steel bricks)

reinstall spring rubbers

new McNews windshield banner

new spark plugs (maybe new dplats, or perhaps 4 coppers for track)

H+R Springs (maybe)

general inspection of the car

Thats a lotta crap left to be done (if any1 thinx of somethin, plz holler). thinkin late sept much be a stretch. but its gotta happen before the last track closes here in dec., i'll drive myself nuts if i have to go another long cold snowy winter w/o gettin her into the 14s @ 9x.

http://tiger.towson.edu/~rwarfi1/mycar.html

-Ult

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
I want to take my PZEV out and see what she does with the Focussport intake on stock tires...Get a real sense what this puppy can do daily as opposed to slapping on slicks. Im thinkin constant mid-low 15's.

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
I want to take my PZEV out and see what she does with the Focussport intake on stock tires...Get a real sense what this puppy can do daily as opposed to slapping on slicks. Im thinkin constant mid-low 15's.
I'd expect mid to high 15's the gearing on these things really makes up for the extra power. Those stock P6's really suck too....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.