Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Banned
17,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Accidentally or on purpose?
I once accidentally got some Mobil-1 on my lips, and it was actually kind of Sweet.(Not "Cool"-Sweet)
It happened again a few weeks ago. I was changing oil, got some on my fingers, and accidentally touched it to the filter if my cig....
I'm posting now, because i just did the same thing w/ k&n Filter oil.
Once again, Kind of Sweet, but a little more of an irritant.
I know, it's Wierd, but I was surprised at the taste...

[ 05-13-2003, 04:41 AM: Message edited by: MichaelXi ]

·
Registered
26 Posts
Did you by chance eat paint chips when you were younger?

·
I change diapers now
14,444 Posts
Nope, never had the pleasure Mike.

Originally posted by Focuz_On_Me_Only:
Did you by chance eat paint chips when you were younger?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Hahahaha - Why?

- Drew

·
Registered
397 Posts
i have from time to time by accident, when my hair used to be longer it always used to drip in there, and i would just using it as stlying gel, but then again, i woudl never leave my house like that

·
Driver > Car
23,988 Posts
personally, yeah i tasted some. dont remember it being sweet. one of my friends one time drank a shot of motor oil... or maybe 1/2 a shot. either way it was stupid.

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
i watched some bike guy on speedtv stick his finger in it, then he licked his finger....he didnt seem to mind

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
When I was changing my oil last summer it had just started to drain out when my brothers dog came to visit me under the car. Scared the crap out of me and I got a head covered in oil. Valvoline synthetic tasty and a good conditioner too, I had shiny manageable hair for a week.

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Michael: I'll have a Mobil 1 ****tail ready for you Friday at FX03. Do you like yours shaken or stirred?

[ 05-13-2003, 08:42 AM: Message edited by: Penguini66 ]

·
Registered
694 Posts
I've spilled about every fluid in a car on my head at one time or another.
Oil just tastes oily to me.
ATF leaves your hair super shiny, way better than oil.
Coolant is incredibly super sweet. The part that sucks is having to spit and wash your mouth out for 10 minutes to make sure you didn't swallow any.
I can't belive how hard it is to take apart certain pieces of cars from below without dripping fluids on your head.

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Originally posted by familyman:
I can't belive how hard it is to take apart certain pieces of cars from below without dripping fluids on your head.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Fuel filters are the most fun!

·
Registered
694 Posts
Originally posted by Penguini66:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by familyman:
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Fuel filters are the most fun!
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Which reminds me, there's nothing quite like gasoline in your eyes.

·
Registered
308 Posts
i never tasted it but i did get some mobil 1 up my nose when changing my filter...sick

·
Devil's Advocate. Just to cheese you off.
6,880 Posts
Coolant is incredibly super sweet. The part that sucks is having to spit and wash your mouth out for 10 minutes to make sure you didn't swallow any.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">You can swallow ethylene glycol. Just don't swallow the whole mouthful of it. Spit out what's there and move along. take a swig of black coffee and all will be fine. It's so dangerous to animals because they LIKE the taste, and they'll drink a pint of it with no qualms whatsoever. a single lap of it wouldn't hurt any animal, and what's left over in your mouth certainly wouldn't hurt a person much.

That being said, yes, I taste automotive fluids intentionally. Not every time I change them, but I know what they all taste like. ATF, Gear oil, motor oil, antifreeze, washer fluid, brake/clutch fluid, etc. the worst is motor oil mixed with coolant.

G

·
0 Posts
Locktite is pretty sweet too. Ohh, also, used motor oil is a known carcinogen (sp?) according to the warning label on some of the bottles I have seen. You may not want to get that stuff in your mouth.

·
Registered
3,666 Posts
The worst smelling lubercant is Gear oil...80-90 weight. I hated coming back to the barracks smelling like this when I was doing services on Humvees. I've tasted plenty of differnt luberants, not by choice though

·
Devil's Advocate. Just to cheese you off.
6,880 Posts
Originally posted by Racer_Alpha:
Locktite is pretty sweet too. Ohh, also, used motor oil is a known carcinogen (sp?) according to the warning label on some of the bottles I have seen. You may not want to get that stuff in your mouth.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">We've been dying since birth anyways. EVERYTHING is a carcinogen in the state of california.

·
Don't Call Me Gaga!
30,267 Posts
Which reminds me, there's nothing quite like gasoline in your eyes.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Yep! F'n Chryslers....

[ 05-13-2003, 11:24 AM: Message edited by: OmniFocus ]

1 - 20 of 29 Posts