Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
1,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i don't want to hear your Camaro bashing. lets get that outta the way

now i would like to know if the LT1 or LS1 engine will be an easy swap into that car. just came up with that idea. it would be sweet to have either of those f-body engines in that car with a 6spd manny

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
I think the transmission might be your biggest problem. There's always a way to bolt the engine in (if there's enuf room, which there will be in a Camaro). But the Vette has a rear-mounted tranny.

I guess if you could get a tranny from a late SS Camaro that would work, since it had an LS1.

Personally I wouldnt bother with the LT1. Its not *that* fast.

·
Registered
21 Posts
The LT1 swap is relatively straight forward,the upper oulet from the waterpump faces the "wrong" way but radiators are available...trans is almost a bolt up,problem would be to make the manual clutch linkage work with the hydraulic throwout.Parts are in the aftermarket to do this..As far as an LS1 swap? most parts are different.Engine mounts are slightly different,etc.it can be done though....DO IT!,then roadrace/autox the sh*t out of it...

·
Banned
1,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
not the vette engine. just the f-body motor.

most likely the LT1. but thenx for the info anyway guys

·
Registered
436 Posts
It's been done, many times. Kits are available. For my dough, since I have a 69, I'm going to get a "Marine Use Only" Crate Motor from Chevy. Yeah, it's a 4 barrel, what the hell. And pre-70s cars don't have to worry about emissions.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Originally posted by orndog:
And pre-70s cars don't have to worry about emissions.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">In Illinois, it's 67 and older. Also(at least in Illinois), any vehicle 25 years old, can get an antique license plate to exclude it from testing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts