Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im looking to find out what is the widest wheel that will fit. i was hoping 16 by more than 7 inches for a set of track wheels. dont really want to get 17 for the track (to heavy and tires get expensive)15 would be fine if it means the dif between 7 and 8 inch wide. just curious what other people have tried.
oh the car is an 03 zx3 PZEV and i will probably run 225 tires (i hope)
thanx

·
Registered
3,853 Posts
There's no FJ member/Focus owner I know of that has ran 8 inch wheels for the track. The most you'll see is 7.5, but most, if not all, of the 7.5in wide wheels available to us are 17" in diameter.

However, a 7in. wheel is by no means bad, and will be sufficient for most all amateur track purposes. There are a few who are running 225 tires on 7in. wide wheels...so you still have that option.

Secondly, wheel selection is pretty limited for our bolt pattern wheel (4x108). There are relatively very few wheels with more than 7.5 width available to us. And as stated, those with more than 7.5 are usually 17" wheels or bigger. All the 16"s available to us are 7inches wide only.

Unless of course you start searching the euro market, where I'm sure you'll find 16" wheels with more width. Although how useful they can be on the track, and how pricey they most likely will be, are entirely different issues.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah thats pretty much what all my other research has turned up.just thought i would ask... oh well

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
The widest wheel you can run is 7.5". But on my car with the F2 RS body kit I am running the 18x8" wheels there.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts