Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, my current co-driver I have planned to use seems to not really give a sh*t about helping to build the car, or buying his safety equiptment. Plus he doesnt have a job :rolleyes:

So, I will be looking for a replacement for him if he falls through.

If you are interested,

I live in Cartersville, Georgia just north of atlanta. I would prefer that you live close. And have the ability to purchase your own safety equipment, such as Drivers suit, Hans, Helmet etc.

Most importantly, YOU NEED TO HAVE A PASSION FOR RALLY! Co-driver position is one of the most important on a rally team.

I will be taking applications

Just post here, or pm me.

·
RECORD PROFITS
5,297 Posts
Whoa.

You live in Cartersville? I live in Athens. I HAD NO IDEA you were so close or else I totally would have come check out the car.

My roommate is from Cartersville and we go there a good bit.

[strongly resisting urge to co-drive for you]

I really would love to, and do have most of the equipment... but I think my parents would kick me in the balls because its dangerous, since I'm still on their dime.

I DO want to come check out the car this summer though.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ZX3autoxtasy said:
Whoa.

You live in Cartersville? I live in Athens. I HAD NO IDEA you were so close or else I totally would have come check out the car.

My roommate is from Cartersville and we go there a good bit.

[strongly resisting urge to co-drive for you]

I really would love to, and do have most of the equipment... but I think my parents would kick me in the balls because its dangerous, since I'm still on their dime.

I DO want to come check out the car this summer though.

Come on down, Lol. its only a kick in the balls :thumbup:

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ghostrider86 said:
What does a person need to race rally?

Hans? SA helmet? Suit?

portable winch to get out of ditches? LOL
Stilo, or Peltor Helmet, havent decided which intercom system im going to run yet. They run about :500$

Drivers suit SFI 3.2a/5 rating or one with less of a rating if you buy and wear nomex underwear. about :500$

Shoes, gloves socks, etc.

HANS device About : 500$

Oh, and the ability to ignore your sphincter muscle and HTFO and not tell me to slow down : Priceless :thumbup:

·
Registered
759 Posts
mattm2001 said:
Oh, and the ability to ignore your sphincter muscle and HTFO and not tell me to slow down : Priceless :thumbup:
You make a good point here, and i just figured something out......

The requirement to be a rally co-driver is: One who has lost the abliity to scare ones self on any given racing course.

In layman's terms, I no longer get the adrenaline rush from going fast with me behind the wheel, so i need to jump in the car with another crazy driver to get the blood pumping! LOL :rock:

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Actually you do not need gloves or special shoes. One of the very good co drivers out there wears Teva sandals in the car.

You actually do not need the HANS this year but will next year. You can get a cheap fire suit for less than $500 is you shop around and look for closeouts or buy used.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
BigSandwich said:
Actually you do not need gloves or special shoes. One of the very good co drivers out there wears Teva sandals in the car.

You actually do not need the HANS this year but will next year. You can get a cheap fire suit for less than $500 is you shop around and look for closeouts or buy used.

Lol Yeah, the Wimpey's and their man-dles :lol:

·
Pron Star
14,609 Posts
Too bad my wife does not like Winder, I would game for this if I took the job at the High School teaching JROTC.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I know that this is an old thread, but did you ever find a co-driver? I have co-driven at LSPR twice, and driven at Rally NY once. I have all the safety gear except for a hans device (I have helmet w/ peltor comm and anchors). E-mail me @ [email protected] if you need something for next season.

·
Orange cones scare me
2,865 Posts
dang this sounds fun :) wish i had the gear to do stuff like this :/

1 - 20 of 22 Posts