Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And yes i have searched.

So has anyone been able to swap a svt header on there zetec yet? I saw a couple weeks ago somebody bought one from parts.com for 150 bux but never heard anything else about it. Im in arkansas so i dont have to worry bout smog or anything so no cat for me. Just wondering if it will bolt up to the stock flex pipe or if u have to get an extension.

·
Registered
371 Posts
I am still waiting to get my chip back from Diablo with the right program to eliminate the CEL from not having an EGR. I have not put the SVT on yet because I don't feel like staring at that stupid yellow light when I am driving.
The SVT header will not bolt up to the stock flex pipe because the SVT end much sooner than the regular zx3 exhaust. If you wanted to have a muffler shop put it on for you, you could have them make a pipe to go between the two or you could give Nader at Focus Central a call and talk to him about it.

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the svt header doesnthave a egr port? eek, can a welding shop maybe weld one in or just not worry about it i was under the impression of all u needed was a o2 cheater.

·
Registered
371 Posts
I am sure that you can have an EGR bung welded in. The easiest way would be to put the header on, figure out where a good place to locate it wouold be, weld it on, and bend the hell out of the EGR tube to get it to bolt up. Hopefully the last part won't be that bad if a good location was selected.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts