Ford Focus Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i go to the drag strip (1/8th mile) and a friend of mine cant get his stock focus to do anything faster than a 10.7XX stock. So i offer to let myself take it for a spin I ran a 10.5 flat, and every one with a focus at the track was like 'hey will you run mine for me'? What's the point? if you need to get another driver in your car to get it down to a decent trap sell it, and stop dragging...

I did get to help a friend with an STi out though...he ran consistant 8.9's in the 1/8...i was pretty pumped when i rolled it to an 8.476 for him. But you'd think the owners of these cars would know how to drive them better than a someone that just hops in ehh?

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
what about your car...eh....well lets skip that. yeh, i dont like drivin other people's cars either. had a guy offer me money if i could make his car faster, refused...no pt. my luck somethin woulda broke (biggest fear).

they'll never get any better either even if you run it quicker.

-Ult

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
what about your car...eh....well lets skip that. yeh, i dont like drivin other people's cars either. had a guy offer me money if i could make his car faster, refused...no pt. my luck somethin woulda broke (biggest fear).

they'll never get any better either even if you run it quicker.

-Ult
Yeah...i really wouldn't want to break something on someone else's car. That's why i kept it to only newer cars. I certainly turned back those DSM owners
If it breaks with them driving I can only imagine...

My car should be back in service soon enough. I'll take a few long trips to break it in again, and we'll be back in business.

·
Registered
5,446 Posts
i have to admit i drive others' cars, quite frequently.

But only if i've invested wrench time on them. I'm better than most, a few make me look slow, but it's an enjoyable drive. W/us it's not a matter of me making the other guy's car look good, it's more just having fun. And, IMHO, every different car you drive responds differently and teaches you something new.

For instance, my experience w/ rangers and minivans in tight-handling courses has been the most important factor in my ability not to make a fool of myself in any car while pushing it even if i'm not quite schumie

1 - 4 of 4 Posts