Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the SCT Advantage 3 software, aka pro racer stuff, and an XCal 3. I just put a header on my 07 2.0 and have been having some weird things going on with tuning that I have not had happen before. I've just been playing with some basic stuff since I don't have a wideband yet to tune my afr.

First, I have the value file for turning off the rear O2's, but for some reason it keeps throwing a code for B1S3 heater and B1S3 stuck lean. There are no codes for the middle O2 that used to be in the cat and i have the gray sensor that was the first one on the manicat in the bung on the collector.

The second thing is the idle. Previously I had set it at 900 via the "adjust options" option before flashing. Then I flashed it back to stock when I was trying to sell it last year. I flashed it back when I gave up on that idea and forgot to set the idle in the options, so after I put the header on I reflashed it and adjusted some stuff I had forgot to do last time, including idle, but it did not do anything, it still idled at 700.

So I went back in the software and wrote a different tune for it, setting idle to 900 in the actual tune and disabling the whole adjust options thing. Now, when I sit at 0mph, it idles at 900, but if I coast and clutch in, it sits at 700 until I come to a complete stop, at which point it will come back up to 900 rpm.

Just for ****s and gigs I picked these value files too. Reverse IMRC just to see what it would do, Fuel Pressure Raise, and the generic two step.

I'm debating calling FSWerks and buying a tune from them since I want their drag launch anyway. But if anyone has an idea why this could be happening, I'm all ears.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I don't know how much help this will be but I have the SCT pro racer package too and wanted to do those same basic things like turning off the rear O2, adjust idle speed, raise speed limiter and the two step.

With your first issue, you should just be able to change that particular scalar value from a 1 to a 0 and that should do it. There are also scalars for the front 02 heater over temp that maybe causing a problem too.

The second issue with the idle RPM may have something to do with a larger throttle body if you have one. I have the FC 65mm and had that issue until I made a new gasket to cover up one of the three bypass ports on it. If you have a stock TB maybe the dashpot clip value/values should be set to 0 (adjusting the clip RPM to a small value like 0.0200 may prevent the car from dropping under idle speed if you cross over 10mph as you're putting in the clutch).

The two step or drag launch is set by adjusting the values for the following: (the value file for the two step also sets the Neutral-drive Switch Point to 0)

Rev Limit Neutral 0 On: (where you set the two step rev limit)

Rev Limit 0 On: (regular rev limit)

Hope this helped on at least one issue.PS, I take no responsibilities for the info provided and would recommend a professional to assist with the tunning of your vehicle.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I also have the 3rd sensor problem and I can get it to go away. I can get the cel off but then it's in a perpetual not ready state.

The two step works good for me just need to remember to disable the top clutch switch (04) or it will cut in while shifting. That caught me off guard the first time.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts