Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They make a head for the Zetec (Focus).

Has enlarged valves (33 intake and 30 exhaust) but that's the only details I know of. Read the small snipet in "Focus Fanatics".

Going to call them soon for more details but wanted to see if anyone knew of this before.

·
Registered
3,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: Anyone ever heard of pro topline?

one last try.

BUMP

·
Registered
450 Posts

I've purchased GM V-8 cylinder heads (iron or aluminum available) to be used in a racing application from Pro Topline but didn't realize they are now casting heads for a Zetec engine. I guess I'll have to examine their website a little closer,
http://www.protopline.com

They make great components. The company is located in New Zealand but they have many stateside dealers. Prices are very reasonable too. Well...at least for the V-8 heads.

Regards,
Gerry Dedonis
Kansas Racing Products Inc.

·
Registered
181 Posts

Loos like they've started to venture into the import/ compact markets. I believe they are offering a Honda head as well.

·
Registered
3,943 Posts

i believe this is a bare head with no valves, springs, etc... but not 100% sure though. pricing i think is in the $600 range(retail).

·
Registered
3,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

I checked out their website but they had just about zero info regarding worked Zetec heads...or any common 4-cylinder head for that matter.

But it's good to hear they are a reputable company...even if only in the V-8 world.

600 for a bare head...not bad...could be a good project head candidate!

·
Registered
2,538 Posts

From FF
ProTopline (www.protopline.com) offers a replacement aluminum cylinder head for the Focus Zetec motor that offers better breathing via larger intake and exhaust ports. The head features 33mm intake valves and the 30mm exhaust valves and is machined to closer tolerances than the stock head. This head is a great place to start for those who want to build a true, high-performance Zetec, wether for street or track use.
Thats my good deed for the day, damn now i need to whore some [censored]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts