Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanna check the bolt pattern, and see what the shaft looks like.

Thanks ahead of time!

[ 11-10-2002, 05:03 PM: Message edited by: BowDown ]

·
Registered
7,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
bump!

·
Registered
7,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by FordFociSHO:
there is some justification to working on a "warm" engine. being we have an aluminum head and the bolts are steel the aluminum will expand faster that the steel therefore making the bolts a little easier to remove. but i wouldn't recomend working on a HOT head. i think we can say that the majority of us are concerned with reliability right. now when you remove a hot steel bolt from a hot alu. head the head will cool faster than the bolt and will loose some tensil strength--->this would be why you stripped bolts. these people you say are "pros" that helped you are they ASE certified mechanics?
if no, then they are not pros.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Hmm... wrong thread?

Well thats one more reply that I didnt have before...

·
Senior TEAM Member
4,821 Posts
FordFociSHO Are they ASE certified mechanics ,If no they are not pros

Well that i just dont buy ,some of the best mechanics i know are not ASE certifies and some of the worst i do know of are ASE certified

Sorry to me ASE is for parts changers in dealerships not mechanics that deal in the real world

Yes i have been to some of the ASE classes, Most of what is there is a total waste of time about stuff that you will never use unless like i said you are a parts changer in a dealership

tom

·
Registered
7,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
WRONG THREAD GUYS!

Get out of my thread! Hehe...

·
Registered
7,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by FordFociSHO:
ya this was suposed to go to the cam install mess up , sorry.
but i'm sorry if you are not ase certified you are not a mechanic, you are a handyman. if these people are such great mechanics tell them to take an ase test.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Thats like saying if you're not MSCE certified you're not a computer professional.

ASE is just like A+ cert. Just a piece of paper. Doesn't meen you know **** about cars.

·
Registered
7,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Bumpy

1 - 10 of 10 Posts