Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought the 3 piece focus central pullies and got them installed about a week ago.

A shop did it for me and they said they needed a new belt to put them on. I suppose they just looked at them and assumed that.

Now this doesnt happen very often but there is a really loud screaching noise coming from them at times. It can get pretty loud but goes away. It happens every once in a while but none the less annoying.

What they said to me is the car needs more miles with them on and that makes sense to me.

I mean they are clearcoated and a new belt on that isnt really going to go well so after a while Im thinking it should go away right?

Anyone else have any problem like this?

Oh and my power steering seems to have gone down some. Wheel feels heavier if you know what I mean.

Thanks.

·
Registered
729 Posts
check at see if the belt is tight enough. sounds like the belt is slipping causing the squeak. as for the steering, the slippage can cause the steering pulley to not spin as much making it harder to turn

·
Registered
27 Posts
I replaced my udp, too. It was doing the screeching thing and it's just getting worse. My belt is slipping which is creating the sound. When I pulled my passenger tire off to put a gatorback on it there was belt dust (like brake dust) every where. my car was eating the old belt cause there was chunks in there, too. My car started squeeling even more after that. I was told that it was probably a cheap belt that I got free with it. Changing it didn't help. It's quiet more often but when it skreeches now it's unbearable. And I scored the black plastic piece behind the original udp and broke off enough so the belt wouldn't rub. What is the deal here?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok thanks. yea my friend told me that the belt probably needs to be tightened as well. You cleared up all my questions, thanks for your help.

·
Registered
59 Posts
phhhht... mine squeal from the factory... hehe

1 - 5 of 5 Posts