Ford Focus Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yea, I figured that this was auto-related. So, to the question. Does anyone here have a Valentine 1. I just really want a good radar detector. I've gathered that this is the best one out on the market(Car & Driver Top 5 Test). If any of you have one, what is it like? How does it perform? Basically... can you occasionally speed on back roads w/o having to worry! Thanks.

--Dan.

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
i used one on a few runs from Grand Rapids MI to NYC, and it works really really well. it saved my ass a few times, but unfortunately Ohio Highway Patrol always has the absolute up-to-date equipment and getting the firmware upgrade is a pain in the ass. 1 ticket in ~6500 miles at high speed is pretty good i think.

if i had the money i would buy one. i was borrowing.

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
i just use a cobra "circuit city special" one. its pretty bad on false alarms sometimes, but it spots just about every cop at least half a mile or a mile before i get to them. works for me! ive only gotten nabbed twice since i owned it, both with laser, when i was the only car on the road (no warning). not TOO much you can do about that.

·
Registered
10,752 Posts
I've had my Valentine 1 for about 5 months now and i don't know what i would do without it. Also it blows away anything else out there just because of all the information it gives you. You'll quickly learn how valuable knowing which direction and how many signals are come at you! Just having some radar beep for 5 minutes and not knowing where its coming from can be frustrating.

The Valentine will tell you if its behind you and if its more than one signal. I give it 5 Thumbsup

·
Registered
887 Posts
I just used my friends V1 on a thousand mile trip to Iowa and it saved my butt. You can bet when it goes off, there is radar around.. Very minimal falsing on this one.

Cool thing is the directional arrows that tell you whether the signal is coming from front, sides or rear and how many different signals it is detecting so if a couple of them are working a trap you know it. Get one, it is the best.

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Why are they not allowed in Virginia and DC?
Because they don't want anyone to escape their money-raising speed traps. It also gives another revenue source. You can be pulled over and ticketed if they see it, even if you are not speeding

·
Registered
631 Posts
whiskeytangofoxtrot said:
The cops in my area ONLY use Laser. So, nothing can help you but good eyes and/or doing the speed limit.

Im in ohio and have noticed now on 5 sperate occasions the V1 does not pick up the bogey. I see the cop.....I wait....and I wait....and then I pass the cop. And the V1 is just sitting there like everything is cool. NOT COOL! What the hell is going on? :what:

Thanks, yo.

Fortunately my cop ninja skills have enabled me to ellude capture.

·
Registered
631 Posts
cjmartinyzx3 said:
could it be that the cop didnt have his radar on :dunno:
That is the only conclusion that I have come up with. The # of occurences made it seem unlikely, but seeing as how I have seen the cops in the same geographic area, i.e., in a construction zone on I77 through fairlawn, I suspect it may have to be true.

What do you guys keep your V1 on....logic, enhanced logic or what?

Any tips for more effectively using the unit?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
wow someone did some gravediggin to find this thread!! haha

·
Banned
4,105 Posts
Ron had one up until last week. But, I also used to have a bangin stereo system up until 2 fridays ago. You just have to deal with it thru the authorities, and most times they do nothing, and move on with your life.

·
Registered
631 Posts
FocalFury said:
haha i was like ahhh a new thread
:what:

D A N N Y
[\]iteshift = search ninja :what:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts