Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just curious to know if anyone makes the new wide body kit?

Links would be AWESOME!!!

Thanks
Johnny 5

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
why would it cost so much? the one that fourstar sells is $2000 Canadian and that isn't that much

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
no its the older one, the same kit that a member has for his car. It looks good but its not the one I want.

·
Registered
266 Posts
The one I saw on http://www.fourstarmotorsports.com
is the "old" version, but it says "Ford Focus WRC Conversion Complete Kit" = $2945CDN

..then, you have to get all that painted/installed...

·
Registered
222 Posts
M Sport is the UK-based fabricator of the WRC rally car. However, if you read through their site, they provide parts to people rally racing focuses all over the world. You might contact them and see if they're making a wide body kit that can be attached to a normal street-going focus (since the WRC car is a custom built tube chasis car).

Good luck. It also might be worth mentioning that these parts might be priced for people with sponsorship-type money, so they may be very pricey. But you might also have a conversation with them about the interest we mere mortals have for their style.

·
I'm bringing Zetec back...
3,345 Posts
I emailed M-Sport for the hell of it tonight to find out if they will sell as aftermarket. It looks like they used the SVT rear bumper on their '03 car too!

·
Registered
132 Posts
I notices too that they are using the SVT rear bumper, SO then the rear flairs are just the standard body pieces. So one would only need the front fascia and front quarter panels, and the hood(but you could always vent your own. The wheels look as if they're factory also, they look like 17's.......let us know how it goes with their response....

·
Registered
6,296 Posts
that bugs me, how teh bumper doesn't line up with the front fender. i mean maybe there's some functional reason, but it just looks funny having that hole there

·
3,345 Posts
I notices too that they are using the SVT rear bumper, SO then the rear flairs are just the standard body pieces. So one would only need the front fascia and front quarter panels, and the hood(but you could always vent your own. The wheels look as if they're factory also, they look like 17's.......let us know how it goes with their response....
Those wheels are most likely OZ Superturismo's, I would think?

·
Registered
222 Posts
FYI, the reason for the stock-like rear bumper is to accomodate the new spoiler within the WRC rules. The spoiler cannot extend further rearward than the bumper. So instead of making the spoiler shorter, they made the bumper longer.

I see for the first time in your picture the gap in the front fender -- weird.

And OZ provides wheels for the WRC car, so they're probably standard OZ design.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I want those damn "air dams" on this hood... Any idea or suggestions?

·
3,345 Posts
I want those damn "air dams" on this hood... Any idea or suggestions?
Only thing you can do is go to the M-Sport website and email them asking if the sell the vents or whom they got them from. I have yet to get a reply from my email to them, but I will keep trying. I want those vents too!

·
Registered
132 Posts
Hey D.Rob, maybe the factory Euro wheels are OZ, b/c they look EXACTLY the same minus the bored out center. Enkei makes wheels for alot of car manufacturers so is it so hard to believe that the Euro wheels are actually OZ???? Does anyone know for sure?? Is there a stamp somewhere?

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
What ever happened to neodesign. I thought they were going to? Or is that just another bosal cat?

·
3,345 Posts
I\'ve got mail!

I got a reply from M-Sport regarding the purchase of their WRC parts. It is what I expected to hear, but I will send another email to ask if the hood vents are available.

M-Sport's email response:

Hello Gerald,
Thank you for your e-mail, unfortunately at present, we have not designed a body
kit to suit a standard Focus. The WRC front wings and rear quarter panels are
much wider than the standard ones and as the WRC is four wheel drive, they will
only fit the WRC bodyshell. I will keep your details on file and if in the near
future a replica bodykit is designed, I will inform you.

Best regards,
Alistair Burnett
Sales Advisor

M-Sport Ltd, Dovenby Hall, Dovenby,
****ermouth, Cumbria. CA13 0PN.
England.
Tel: +44 (0)1900 828888
Fax: +44 (0)1900 823823
eMail: [email protected]

1 - 20 of 23 Posts