Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if the mounting for the BBK TB is the same as the FC TB.
I own the BBK and am wondering if the FC mounting bracket for the ATX would work.

·
Registered
275 Posts
i GOT THE BBK. its a 62mm. i think it works awesome, its only 3mm smaller than the FC so its pretty much the same.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Originally posted by silverbullit:
i GOT THE BBK. its a 62mm. i think it works awesome, its only 3mm smaller than the FC so its pretty much the same.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">And it's only 4mm bigger than the ported stock one (58mm) so it's pretty much the same.

·
Registered
6,179 Posts
Originally posted by Blue01Street:
And it's only 4mm bigger than the ported stock one (58mm) so it's pretty much the same.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Or not. Throttle body sizes are not based on diameter once they are on the car. Unfortunately, companies market them by diameter.

Stock = 2642 mm2
BBK = 3019 mm2
or over a 14% increase in area.

Of course if you believe that bigger is always better, ignore this and go back to being ignorant.

[ 10-05-2002, 08:54 AM: Message edited by: teamDFL ]

·
Registered
389 Posts
Originally posted by Blue01Street:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by silverbullit:
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">And it's only 4mm bigger than the ported stock one (58mm) so it's pretty much the same.</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Sorry, I forgot to turn the Sarcasm Highlight on.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
What is wrong with going 2.5 times the surface area of stock...

·
Registered
389 Posts
Originally posted by AkFocusZX3:
yes that's all good info and thanks for it but will the mounting bracket for the FC TB fit on the BBK?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Oh yea, your question. I think everyone forgot that you asked a question. I guess nobody knows the answer, some of us just like to post even if it has nothing to do with the topic. What was the topic again?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts