Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Kyle Gave Me His Oklahoma Foot Disease!
11,279 Posts
Don't worry about him Jose, he'll be gone soon.

Back to the original question, yes and no. I haven't gone for a ride in a while but still own a 2003 Yamaha YZ450F.

What's your question?

·
Registered
88 Posts
i ride! 2006 crf250r

·
Registered
88 Posts
those are sweet,my friend owns one.i like the dual exhaust at the back haha
the dual exhaust is the reason i bought it over the yamaha in 2006. unfortunately i dont race it anymore, mostly local trail rides. wish i had more time for it... :(

·
RECORD PROFITS
5,297 Posts
I used to ride a lot. I had a YZ125 and a YZ250F. I really loved riding, but its definitely an expensive hobby. Once I came to college I sold off most of that stuff. We had a few cool local and private tracks near my parents place, but there isn't much around here.

I loved everything about the four stroke (this was a bit after they first started getting big), but I always felt like the center of gravity was off. I always felt faster on the 125, it was just a bitch to maintain.

·
Registered
88 Posts
what year was your yzf?? i had a 2001 for a few years. it did feel top heavy. maybe it is because yamaha had a dry sump system that had the engine oil running through the steel frame.

·
RECORD PROFITS
5,297 Posts
what year was your yzf?? i had a 2001 for a few years. it did feel top heavy. maybe it is because yamaha had a dry sump system that had the engine oil running through the steel frame.
I think you're right. IIRC, they fixed it after a few model years.

It was just an odd feeling though. I felt like the YZ125 was pretty perfectly balanced, and I could really whip it around the track. I always felt the 250F had more, better power... and the engine just felt better and sounded amazing. But the balance always threw me off. It wasn't a huge difference, but I'd bet I was faster on the 2-stroke.

Realistically though, the 4-stroke is loads better. Much more hospitable to live with and ride.

I still really want to ride, but don't have the money/time/resources (see: a track). I think what I may try to do is get a low-CC sport bike to ride at some point in time. I'm fairly certain I could handle a R6 with relative ease, but I want something smaller that I can really throw around and manhandle. Meet, my dream: The Aprilia RS 125.

A 125cc trainer sportbike. I want one so bad.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts