Ford Focus Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone running a 70MM maf, 60MM TB and volant box w/a JRsc, or a 70MM maf and 65MM TB with stock injectors on a JRSC? I have this set-up not installed yet and was wondering what to do, also can i have a reburn on my Superchip to run this set-up? will they know what to do?

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
I have had that exact setup on my JRSC, before I went to the smaller pulley. Still have the Volant box, highly modified, and the 65mmtb. When I first installed my JRSC 2 1/2 years ago, I had the stock tb, stock injectors, stock mafs on (ran great but not nearly enough power), then went to the 65mm tb (what an improvement!) then put on a "stock" pro-flo 70mm MAFS. I then got that mafs recalibrated when I put bigger injectors on. They charge about $100 to do a recal on it, which is a lot but cheaper than getting another unit altogether. You don't need anything to run the "stock" jrsc on your car. if you have the entire kit and the instructions, that is absolutely all you need to get it running! If you do go with the 2.6" pulley, I would strongly suggest putting it on, along with your bigger injectors (you will need them), when you do the install. To change out the pulley later, you will have to remove the blower. Not a huge job, but why do it twice? You do not need, or want, a superchip with a stock jrsc setup. the kit is complete, runs great out of the box. You only want to consider a chip when you start to heavily modify the JRSC as I and others on the Jet have done.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
But what about the Speed govener set at 110MPH,, do you find you run out of room really quick? I have on many occasions got it up to 120+ with the speed govener removed, will superchip remove the timming and keep the speed limiter delete?

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Well, I can't say the speed governor has been a problem for me-I have never taken my car above 105. If you want a custom chip, you can get one burned for things like cooling fan temp, timing, fuel cutoff, and top speed, all done to your specs. Thats why they call them "custom" chips. I have a standard Superchip I don't use anymore but it can be re-programmed if necessary, as noted above.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts