Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Crane or Crower (Ford for that matter)?

I have no real need for anything above 6500RPM, just lookin for some push and breath in the idle-6500 range. I don't race (per se), just like to drive rather aggresively (and of course run some of the local ricer boys
every once in a while)

Who's got 'em, and whatya think of 'em?

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Get a high flow cat or a off road pipe and crower stage II's that will get you the power right where you want it from mid to high...I just dont see spending the same amount when you can have the stage II's for that price as stage I's..imo..

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, I do plan on getting the Bosal High Flow Cat, when it goes retail. This was the reason for my inquiry. With the Exhaust setup I will have by that point (Spring for the cams) it will be JBA Shorty > Bosal HF Cat > Bosal Flex Pipe > Borla Flex*Back (Cat*Back) system. I need to keep a Cat in line, and don't need the noise level from the Race Header/Off Road pipe (may even need a resonator once the exhaust is done) as the fuzz around here are a little touchy.

Anyhow, with that setup, would Stage II's give me what I am looking for?

[ 10-12-2002, 08:23 PM: Message edited by: poSSumX ]

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Originally posted by poSSumX:
Well, I do plan on getting the Bosal High Flow Cat, when it goes retail. This was the reason for my inquiry. With the Exhaust setup I will have by that point (Spring for the cams) it will be JBA Shorty > Bosal HF Cat > Bosal Flex Pipe > Borla Flex*Back (Cat*Back) system. I need to keep a Cat in line, and the noise below the Race Header/Off Road pipe (may even need a resonator once the exhaust is done) as the fuzz around here is a little touchy.

Anyhow, with that setup, would Stage II's give me what I am looking for?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">With the mods in my sig(dont know how current it is we'll see!) but I have added a FS Flex Pipe and Bosal Cat Back Exhaust...and wow! what a difference that made! I mean the car pulls awsome from about 3000RPM all the way to 6800RPM you will hit your damn limiter not even knowing with the crower stage II's..

You should be able to fly! With that exhaust setup..so long as none of the stock exhaust parts are left on the vehicle the stage II's are a nice choice..With my old custom crushed bent exhaust my car sucked at low end/tq..but up above 4000RPM it kicked ass..now with a real exhaust/flex pipe..the low end is back!! i can only imagine what these cams are gonna do for me when I install my Race Header next week...

·
Registered
6,179 Posts
While I have not had them on the dyno so I have no empirical data to give, the Crower Stage I's did give me an extra 500 usable rpm before the car felt like it was running out of breath. The idle is almost unaffected, and mid to low range torque is also virtually identical. If 6500 rpm is your goal, these cams might be a little mild. Or maybe it is just that I have no other engine mods so something else might be stopping me form making power above that level.

·
Registered
872 Posts
I have stage 1 crowers and they pretty much suck.

that is with iceman, TB, K&N, UDP,vibrant exhaust, diablo chip, and crower stage 1s.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
If you are not spanking civic with the mods you have now...something is screwy!! i give V6's hell with my mods. plus thats with a trunk full of close and stuff( i keep my car trashed in the inside)

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
friendly...summins up man...besides u having an auto i hope. i put down 128+fwhp and 135ft lb without the cams and chip...and how could the stage ones suck?...also...was that tuned?..or just drop in and put on the dyno.. the stage 1's have the same intake cam and even with the exhaust cam there isn't a big difference

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by hotfocus:
If you are not spanking civic with the mods you have now...something is screwy!! i give V6's hell with my mods. plus thats with a trunk full of close and stuff( i keep my car trashed in the inside)
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Let me assure, spankin' Civics is a piece of cake today...I just want more!! There is only one Honda around (besides the S2000's) that I can't whomp, and he has about $25K into the motor and drivetrain (so I don't ever expect to touch that ride, and it's actually kinda funny to me...that much $$ into a 1992 Honda Civic). It will also help when I am able to Dyno tune my Cam Gear settings in November.

After some thought last night and this morning, it will be Stage II's in the Spring. Thanks for all of the feedback, it helped.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts