Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

I'm getting the FC head package in a month or so and will probally raise the compression to 10:1 (they said it will still cost the same price...Sweet). I was just wondering is this worth it. Will I see better gains in HP TQ with higher compression compared to stock. And how is the drivebility of the car. Does it Idle rough etc......

Also will fuel management be a factor along with getting better spark. Should I look into getting a MSD or that new screamin demon distrbutor.

Sorry for all the question but I need to know these things before I jump head first into this project. Anyone with expericence in this subjet I would love to hear what you have to say....

Thanks alot

MBZX3

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
If you can get at least 91 octane, why not go to 10.75:1 ??

Just need larger injectors and MAFS i believe... As well, you need to ask these questions to FC as they will steer you in the right direction.

·
Registered
250 Posts
the compression will have no issues. I am running 10.5:1 with absolutely no problems. I did upgrade the injectors (22lbs) and the MAF, and they do help as well.

don't waste your time for the msd. the focus coil packs are more then capable for what we are doing, and then some (approx 300 hp).

dennis at fc can tell you lots more as well

·
Registered
371 Posts
I am running the FC stage 2 head with stock injectors and no type of fuel management(chip). The car runs fine and even has another .004 milled off of what FC took off to get it to 10.5:1.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts