Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The only thing that's hard are the screws on the throttle plate. They are crimped on the back side so they don't come loose. After that it's a breeze, the rod is not pressed in. I did use new screws with good locktite. Can't remember what color though.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Sounds Great! What about the rod that goes through the center? what the butterfly is screwed to and where the spring is? It that hard to get apart? I need to take mine COMPLETELY apart. Any help here?

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Release the spring tension. Remove the two phillips screws that hold the throttle plate. Remove the throttle plate(butterfly).Remove the rod. Remove the TPS (2 T-20 screws). Remove the throttle cable bracket (3 T-30 screws). That's all the parts that I see on the one in my hand unless you want to remove the stop screw, the blue gasket and the label.

[ 10-07-2002, 11:07 PM: Message edited by: Blue01Street ]

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Thank You very Much. I will be disassembling mine later this week, and I need to be sure I wont have any problems. If I have any questions Ill PM ya or email ya. Thanks again.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Sure. I have an SVT. The TB's are the same as far as the way they are made to the ZX3, but the design is different. This is why I am asking for help here. I cannot use an aftermarket TB on my car. I have made an adapter to accept the ZX3 TB but to no avail. SO I have decided to make my own TB.
So on Thursday my new SVT TB from ford will be in and Ill be dismanteling it and starting the design process. I want the throttle to be as responsive as the ZX3 aftermarket ones. The SVT needs some help in that area.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
I need to know if anyone has actually taken the Throttle body completely apart? Is the rod through the center pressed in? and how hard is it to get apart? Can anyone shed some light on this for me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts