The only thing that's hard are the screws on the throttle plate. They are crimped on the back side so they don't come loose. After that it's a breeze, the rod is not pressed in. I did use new screws with good locktite. Can't remember what color though.
Release the spring tension. Remove the two phillips screws that hold the throttle plate. Remove the throttle plate(butterfly).Remove the rod. Remove the TPS (2 T-20 screws). Remove the throttle cable bracket (3 T-30 screws). That's all the parts that I see on the one in my hand unless you want to remove the stop screw, the blue gasket and the label.
Sure. I have an SVT. The TB's are the same as far as the way they are made to the ZX3, but the design is different. This is why I am asking for help here. I cannot use an aftermarket TB on my car. I have made an adapter to accept the ZX3 TB but to no avail. SO I have decided to make my own TB.
So on Thursday my new SVT TB from ford will be in and Ill be dismanteling it and starting the design process. I want the throttle to be as responsive as the ZX3 aftermarket ones. The SVT needs some help in that area.