Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanna tint mine with a subtle blue film, just like the volkswagens and bmw's. Has anyone done it? Pics?

·
Banned
1,599 Posts
yea that would be a good idea. I havent heard of anyone doing it, or at least posting about it. Ill ask a buddy of mine, he has a tint shop not too far from my house.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well the simplest way to do it would be a regular blue tint film but that's not an opion for me since I live in Quebec, Canada (very cold winters) and I would just scratch the film every winter mornings when my mirrors are full of ice. Any other ideas?

·
Registered
67 Posts
maybe there is something like nightshades in blue?... or since I think that nightshades dulls a surface, maybe mixing blue paint with clear coat and spraying them? I've read about people using a similar process with black paint to tint their tailights. I would like to do this too.

·
Registered
267 Posts
maybe there is something like nightshades in blue?... I've read about people using a similar process with black paint to tint their tailights. I would like to do this too.
Actually it does exist. I bought a spray of blue (nightshades of similar) and sparyed my headlights to match my corners and side-markers for my old accord. It's a Japanese brand, but it was the same color blue of those clear corners w/ blue lens on ebay sold a couple of months ago..It just cost me 25 bucks a can!!!

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
I got m3 style manual adjust mirrors from ebay for $29 shipped.

They have the blue tint built into the glass and while they aren't the best quality ever, they are nice and I'll keep and enjoy them.

·
Registered
320 Posts
I got the e-bay ones too, they have the blue tint and work really well at night, just gotta get used to the smaller mirror tho

Oh yeah, they take like 10 min to install

·
Registered
77 Posts
I would just scratch my mirrors
in the winter when they are full of ice.
Any other ideas?
Try pouring scalding hot tap water on them.
Thats what I do when the glass frosts up.
It drips off before it can freeze,
unless the temp is close to zero.

·
Registered
455 Posts
I don't know that you can use Nightshades. Some ad said that you could spray tint your windows w/ it. I tried it out on my garage window and you can't see through it very clearly. I don't think you could make anything out in the mirror if you sprayed it. My vote would be for regular tint too. Damn good idea. I may try it.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Scalding hot water may not be the best idea, ever watch MR. Wizard when he pours the boiling water on the frozen bottle, it shattered right?? Well, I have heated mirrors anyway so what do I care
?! I would use the blue tint film, it would be cheap enough to redo every spring if it scratches anyway.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts