Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to know if someone can do me a favor and take the factory bracket and fab it up for me to fit the BDR throttle body, I will pay for bracket and fabing. Thanks.

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
There wasn't much to make it fit mine. A bench grinder made quick work of it. If you want to send me yours i'll grind it. There really isn't much to it.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well i don't have a spare one maybe if you or i can find one I will have you do it.?

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
you got a dremmel & some grinding stones?? you can give that a shot

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
What bracket? The one that holds the throttle and cruise control cable? If so, I just used a clamp and a hammer and beat the phuk out of it till it fit...

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so tin...you bent that part out of the way?

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Go to Sears. Plug in their bench grinder. Grind. Unplug. Then tell the salesman it was too weak.

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
What bracket? The one that holds the throttle and cruise control cable? If so, I just used a clamp and a hammer and beat the phuk out of it till it fit...

Must be nice

Bryan the offer is on the table. There is not much grinding to it, but if you need help, i am offering.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ok blkse I just need someone to get one for me and do the job for me if possible, i just don't have the tools to do the job

·
Registered
695 Posts
ok blkse I just need someone to get one for me and do the job for me if possible, i just don't have the tools to do the job
That's always a good reason to buy new tools!

·
Registered
76 Posts
I actually ground mine with a hand file!!!!
I was all fired up for that after I had to file off the head of one of the screws for the TPS to get it off the old TB

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yea I had to get new tps screws also, I stripped the screws and had to do the same thing.

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
Hold up on that...I'm going tomorrow to get an alternator from a JY, so I'll check for that bracket, too.

Anyone else need anything?

Rusty

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
Just so you guys know, I will probably be able to pick up the bracket tomorrow, but stuff like the valve cover and i.m. and whatnot will probably have to be picked up another day. It took them a few days after contacting them to get the alternator off. But I'll get prices and I'll get back with you guys.

Rusty

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
oh snap!!!! can you get me that round rubber cover for the back of a headlight? I notice mine was missing today

1 - 20 of 23 Posts