Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone that has them on their car give me their opinions please??What kind of hp would they produce compared to a crower int/ext cam.

·
Inebriated Pecker Obstructionist
2,958 Posts
Well, I just had the Esslinger intake cam installed last week, along with Jackson Racing Cam gears. But, I haven't had a chance to dyno/tune to set the gears or see what I'm at.
I should be going to Jackson Racing to get everything done in a few weeks.

I will say the butt dyno is giving me a big

Latre, Al

·
Registered
460 Posts
I had and Esslinger on for about a year. Most of the power gain is above 4500 RPM. You can expect about 10-12 HP when cams are set at 0,0. Much improved from 5000 -6500 RPM. With stock cam engine seemed to fall off after about 5500 RPM. Can't say how they compare with Crower.

arty

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
will new lash caps be needed also with this install?

·
Registered
5,176 Posts
From my second hand experiance, the Esslinger cam doesn't seem to lose much at all in the low to mid range. It just doesn't fall on it's face at 5500rpms like stock cams want to do. Oh and yes lash caps are needed.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Yes, you do need the lash caps. They should come w/the cam. I had that cam before I went FI and I really liked the performance gain. Great upper range power, but the idle was not so good.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
nordy you think you could help with the install once i get it?? i see you are not to far from me.. just let me know and i will let you know when i get.. thanks

HOLLA

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
caps are extra. look at modern's ad. 280 for cam, 80 for caps...bad deal go somewhere else for cams

-Ult

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
found a nice site to get the cam zxtuner.com lovely price too

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Sure thing-I have the locking pin for the engine and the bar you put across the back of the cams. You need both pieces to make sure the engine and the cams are at tdc when you install the new intake cam. Sundays are good for me-I work retail now and the hours are crazy during the week.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I also have an intake Cam I have been putting off installing. Just clicked over 91K so I was thinking it is time since I should replace the timing belt anyhow. Let me know when you guys get together to do the install.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Also those that already have their intake cam installed, would you recommend it to a 82 mile a day daily driver?

·
Inebriated Pecker Obstructionist
2,958 Posts
Mr. Ford, mines been installed for about two weeks now, and I love it. I do a ton of driving, and I have almost 80k on my car. It hasn't affected my fuel mileage yet, I am still getting about 30mpg. But, my cams are still set at 0,0. I'll have to see what happens when I get a chance to have my car dyno/tuned.

I'm happy though!

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Sure thing-I have the locking pin for the engine and the bar you put across the back of the cams. You need both pieces to make sure the engine and the cams are at tdc when you install the new intake cam. Sundays are good for me-I work retail now and the hours are crazy during the week.
i will let you know nordy thanks man

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Does anyone happen to have a dyno on a intake cam. I love my low end torque and surely I wouldn't want two decrease it.Is there another company besides Modernperformance that sells them.

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
go ford racing if you wants gains across the boards. i make power gains across the board w/my ford stage 1s even...w/a peak of 140whp! go to my website and go into the dyno page. btw there's a lil more left in it, i ran outta dyno time (
)

http://tiger.towson.edu/~rwarfi1/dyno.html

i pick up in low, mid, and topend. other cams you'll see nothin or even losses down low, then some gains up top.

go ford racing stage 1s or 2s. buddies w/stage 2s and a lil more work than i are goin 150whp/150tq thru a stock hea still (i'm stock head and header).

-Ult

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
go ford racing if you wants gains across the boards. i make power gains across the board w/my ford stage 1s even...w/a peak of 140whp! go to my website and go into the dyno page.

http://tiger.towson.edu/~rwarfi1/dyno.html

i pick up in low, mid, and topend. other cams you'll see nothin or even losses down low, then some gains up top.

go ford racing stage 1s or 2s. buddies w/stage 2s and a lil more work than i are goin 150whp/150tq thru a stock hea still (i'm stock head and header).

-Ult

NOW THAT IS SMOKIN!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts