Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wandering if anyone has done this besides me.

And how does it drive?

Mines ok, but alot of people have warned me not to do it because of the 4F27E (sp?) tranny's weakness!

I did it back it feb. of 2002 and have 97,000 miles on my zx3 (31,000 miles with the head and cams)
The thing is i have squared off with a stock pzev (5-speed) and he got me by like 1/2 car up to 65 mph and he was stock

So any of you with a auto...please please PLEASE don't mod it!!!!
The best 1/4 mile time I had was a 16.1 at 85.6 ,what a waste of money!
I'm venting I know

I just wanted to let you autotragic owners that you'll never be that fast

I know I've been embarresed day after day!

5-speed pzev here I come

john-

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
Hehe ask CasperSE to not mod a auto...but I think he's going to do a swap of some sorts.

Anyways, most auto tranny owners will know that modding their cars to try and make it fast costs WAY MORE then doing it on a MTX.

Hence, just make auto tranny cars showroom bitches or just race them in the 1320 cuz they're very consistent. Either way, it's up to everyone to do whatever they want with their money.

Modding a Focus with the auto tranny with the objective of making it FAST is an almost "impossible" thing to do...same goes for our country's war against terrorism.

·
I Now Post Stupid ****
3,495 Posts
Is an auto tranny that bad? I mean I know 5 speed is going to be superior but an Auto can't be that bad. I have an auto and it feels spiff. Not the best in the world but this car was neglected in the past and the cam timing is probably off among with other things I've noticed. So after all is said and done she should be move nicely. I guess maybe adding synthetic fluid and a cooler may add to crisp shifts, quicker shifts, longer life trans and handling more power.

Also I thought a PZEV is 145 hp. And the Zetec is 130 hp. How can a PZEV have so much more power on a Dyno compared to a Zetec?

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yep! they are that bad, I went thru 2 tranny rebuilds once at 76,000 miles and the second at 84,000!!

I am parting this sucker soon so hopefully the tranny won't go out again

·
I Now Post Stupid ****
3,495 Posts
Yep! they are that bad, I went thru 2 tranny rebuilds once at 76,000 miles and the second at 84,000!!
Wouldn't you agree then that it was a bad rebuild rather than a weak transmission if your first one lasted that long? (Not that 76k miles is very long. Friends olds trans lasted 250,000 miles and shifted beautifully and he never even changed the fluid.)

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
Wouldn't you agree then that it was a bad rebuild rather than a weak transmission if your first one lasted that long? (Not that 76k miles is very long. Friends olds trans lasted 250,000 miles and shifted beautifully and he never even changed the fluid.)
Dunno bout it being a bad rebuild. I do recall some members having to get a new tranny after less then 20k miles.

The Legendary Blueberry Shiva Chaos himself had to go through a couple transmissions too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts