Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm totally sick and burned out @ my job, and I noticed yesterday, one of the Ford dealerships is hiring.

POSITIONS AVAILABLE: Sales Consultants At Access Ford & Chevrolet, we have established a reputation of honesty, integrity, and outstanding customer service – before, during and after the sale. With the hottest products on the market and as the fastest growing dealership in our region, we are adding sales professionals to help expand our market penetration and to help maintain our extremely loyal customer base. If you are currently a professional earning at least $40,000-$60,000 per year, you don't feel you're paid or treated as well as you should be, you're tired of working for someone who isn't working for you, call xxxxxxxxx or fax your resume to xxxxxxxxxxxx, Attn.: David Howard. All replies are strictly confidential. SKILLS NEEDED: Training: 3 weeks initial & orientation classes with continued ongoing training using the most popular and productive training system in the country. Opportunity: Unlimited income potential, health benefits, 401k, management opportunity, and a salaried training path commensurate with sales and life experiences. Openings: We have four sales positions available. Women are encouraged to apply. “Bring a good attitude and a great work ethic and we will supply the rest!”
My question is, how does pay work @ most dealership, is it straight commission? What about 3 weeks of training, is that unpaid? Any thoughts/tips? With the new F150 out, loads of people must be headed to Ford dealerships now.

What is the average pay range for a sales person? I know it is highly dependant on the individual, but am looking for a typical range, if someone is very motivated.

·
Registered
3,760 Posts
I have been at a dealer for 11 years. Everything from sales to service. 90% of the jobs are commision only. You may get a salary for the first 3 weeks but I am sure after the "training period" you will be on your own. Don't bank on walking in and selling right away either. Sales can be an ugly business. I am the Internet Director where I am now so the sales part is alot easier. No two and three hour struggles over price. The new F150 is not going to be Ford's savior either. It will be hot for probably 4 - 6 months then die off like the PT Cruiser did for Chrysler. It would be worth going in and looking at a payplan and talking to them about hours, ect. That is the other part of the car business that sucks. You see everyone on here bashing car guys all the time. For that brain damage you also get 50 - 60 hour work weeks and more to be super successful.
I am not tring to talk it down, I have been here for 11 years. I just want to help you make an educated decision.

·
Internet = Serious Business
628 Posts
It's not the workers who are bad most of the time, it's the management. The first couple months they blow sunshine up your ass and then try and milk every penny they can out of you while you do more work. We have a new sales manager who is a total [censored], a ****y service manager and a GM who wonders why things go wrong. 90% of people are on commission and they do ZERO advertising...and wonder why they've lost sales. This reflects on everybody paychecks. I'm still above average but when you take my commission and make it hourly it doesn't seem like a lot. I've worked for 5 dealerships, 3 GM, 1 used, and 1 Ford, and from what I've seen it's same [censored] different dealership. Would I recommend a job from what I've been though? No. It's a very cut throat business. Some people go home never to be heard from again. Because of this I'm getting my own business. I'm finalizing my search for a building as soon as I can work out a lease deal.

·
Registered
6,296 Posts
someone should post that Edmunds article about the journalist who went undercover as a car salesperson

1 - 6 of 6 Posts