Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone\'s roll-up windows squeeking?

I have had my Focus for about 3 months now and the windows have started to squeek when i roll them up. Its a rather large squeek and it is most pronounced when the window is almost up and the sun is out. On the cooler days it will roll up with no problem.

its starting to piss me off cuz i think it i think it has something to do with one of the rollers in the door panel but short of taking the panel off and investigating the door innards i wont know. so if anyone has any info regarding the squeeking or taking off the door panel in a way other than the i-dont-know-where-attach-points-are-so-i-take-a-chance-of-breaking-the-screws-i-missed-gorilla way, please post. thanks.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Re: anyone\'s roll-up windows squeeking?

mine are doing the same thing, it was pretty loud at first, but it seems to be going away.

not bad enough for me to worry about.

·
Registered
2,333 Posts

Mine is doing this as well..It happend to me in all my other foci so Im used to it and doesnt even bother me anymore.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

welllllll...
it looks as if this is a mystery squeek to me.
also, has anyone noticed a streak on their drivers side window? Seems to be grease or lubricant of some sort.

i will do some research on it tonight to see what removing the panel will be like. i will keep everyone updated and i will probably follow up with some hardcore investigating/disecting this weekend at some point.

if anyone has any links to the diagrams of the door innards that would rule as far as prep knowledge but if that info doesnt exist, i will document my proceedings. sucks that this is happening to others.

·
Registered
506 Posts

Mine is doing this as well..It happend to me in all my other foci so Im used to it and doesnt even bother me anymore.
True story.

·
Registered
2,333 Posts

welllllll...
it looks as if this is a mystery squeek to me.
also, has anyone noticed a streak on their drivers side window? Seems to be grease or lubricant of some sort.

i will do some research on it tonight to see what removing the panel will be like. i will keep everyone updated and i will probably follow up with some hardcore investigating/disecting this weekend at some point.

if anyone has any links to the diagrams of the door innards that would rule as far as prep knowledge but if that info doesnt exist, i will document my proceedings. sucks that this is happening to others.
I got that same mark too on all of my foci!! soo again Im used to it...
suckkss but tru

·
I'm Important
277 Posts

mine does it now, but it seems like it started doin it when i got my windows tinted. plus its always hot here

·
Registered
860 Posts

mine does it now, but it seems like it started doin it when i got my windows tinted. plus its always hot here
Mine does it now too...I have never really paid attention to the conditions when it squeaks, but it never squeaked before my windows were tinted...

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

i just found that out last night after i washed my car. maybe thats ford's way of saying wash your car?

i still wanna find out what makes that damned squeaking noise.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts