Ford Focus Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Tarderatoraka: Red-SE-00'
7,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If anyone knows anyone getting rid of a motor from a spi focus manual plz get a hold of me.

My auto is now starting to slip...and I dont feel like adding this to my long list of problems.

Thanks
Gabe

·
Registered
6,553 Posts
I know where you can get a new one for $250 or an mtx-75 for $500+200 core. Terry haines motorsport. He can get and install quiafes too!
Pm me for the number.

·
Registered
317 Posts
I know where you can get a new one for $250 or an mtx-75 for $500+200 core. Terry haines motorsport. He can get and install quiafes too!
Pm me for the number.
hehe I was gonna say the same giggy. Im keeping my eye on em until I get moolah for that and other things...

·
7,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm........manual transmission!!

IB5
Quaife
custom 3rd gear!!

<wakes up>

AH [censored]!!

·
Registered
82 Posts
damn thats cheap, what else would you need to get for the swap??? I'm quite interested. I was gonna sell the ol' SPI cuz the auto tranny's pissin me off but if I could swap the tranny I might just keep it....haha I almost went primal(bought a Zetec)

·
7,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ACtually its 325 for the IB5.

But still..hella good deal IMHO.

and if you get the quaife installed by him all you pay is cost for the part and 375 labor fee.

hehe

·
Registered
6,553 Posts
ACtually its 325 for the IB5.

But still..hella good deal IMHO.

and if you get the quaife installed by him all you pay is cost for the part and 375 labor fee.

hehe
no ****, price went up since the last time he posted numbers. The free install of the quaife is such a nice option though.

initial..for the swap you will need the pedals (which he also has! I think it was $80 for a new set), shifter, cables, shifter assembly, ib5 axles, flywheel/clutch, ecu reprogram by fordchip and modify the electrical harness so the speed sensor works and whatever other misc little clips and whatnots might be needed. I'm going to go for it soon once I have the bizzalls, time and all the parts and info I can get together.

·
Registered
6,553 Posts
that's up to you man, a shop, mechanic, friends house, wherever!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts