Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a hood that im looking to buy, its on 2 SVT's that ive seen here on the jet, its the APC Carbon Fiber hood with the dual vents, here The one on the Red SVT , and i was looking to find out what the quality and fitment is like on these, i can get one for cheap and i wanted to get some opinions before i buy it, if anyone can help it'd be great..thanks

·
Registered
3,821 Posts
Should be in exterior mods.

That being said, it's kind of a gamble.

The glue holding the fiberglass frame under the hood tends to melt and drip over time. That and the weave can be crooked because APC has some pretty shoddy quality control.

Nate

·
Registered
5,141 Posts
i had one it was junk but some people like them the fit was ok, quality sucked but thats just apc

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
I thought all or most of APC's products were made in China? Wouldn't that make them crap by default?

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i bought it, i love the style and it looks great in all the pics ive seen of it installed on focus's. $425 shipped is a great deal, so i went with it, if i dont like it i can resell it.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Had an APC cf hood on my old ZX3.It was a p.o.s. .The fitment was good,but the quality sucked,and the clearcoat was shot after less than a year.Wouldn't buy another APC product if you put a gun to my head

1 - 7 of 7 Posts