1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
<font color="blue">u talkin about the digital safc one? </font>

·
Registered
100 Posts
Im installing one on a Supra right now so I looked at the wiring diagram and I dont see any reason why it wouldnt work. Theres no diagram for our car but I'd install a Exhaust Gas Temp sensor instead of relying on the O2 sensor for Air Fuel Ratios.

·
Premium Member
5,524 Posts
Two reasons that people are going to tell you (probably more, but these are likely the most common ones)...

1. The Ford ECU will adapt to it and trim things back to stock, thus it won't do anything.
2. If you make large changes you'll go places in the timing map that you don't want to be.

·
Registered
41 Posts
1. The Ford ECU will adapt to it and trim things back to stock, thus it won't do anything.
2. If you make large changes you'll go places in the timing map that you don't want to be.
#2 I would expect but I believe #1 would only be the case if using the AFC like normal. Has anyone with a Focus used an AFC in "Hack" mode???
I'm curious if this has been tried, it works somewhat for the Honda guys and I know some of the new Eclipse supercharger kits use an AFR (similar to AFC)

Anyone ?????

1 - 5 of 5 Posts