Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody carry and 1.5" (or 1.6") drop Apex springs for the Focus anymore? I checked McNews' website and I guess they don't sell them anymore because they are no longer on the website. I am looking get some for my '04 SVTF so I can ditch the Progress ones I have now. I'm just not happy with the Progress springs for autoX use.

·
Registered
426 Posts
I don't think anyone sells them anymore (at least not for now). Something about the US supplier not carrying them anymore which eventually turned into no retailers being able to get a hold of any to sell.

You might check ebay if you haven't already.

·
DoubleStuf™
3,716 Posts
I bought my set when the word first came out that they were going to disappear from the US market. THere was a bit of a run on them because they were a good spring & GREAT at clearance prices. I'd bet you're going to have a real hard time finding any second hand for a while. Try Euro-ebay & see if you can't find someone willing to ship state-side.

·
DoubleStuf™
3,716 Posts
If you were smart dude, you'd grab these first thing in the morning & count your blessings. $109 + shipping I think. Great price. I'm half tempted to buy them & try to resell them here because I bet I could make a $50 profit easy.

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, I am not looking to make my car lower than it already is with the Progress springs. I need a stiffer springs rate plus a set the will raise the car back up a little, not lower it. AutoXing with Apex springs vs. the Progress I have now would be better. I am also running a slightly taller tire on my autoX wheels. I am having a small rubbing issue on my driver side rear tire, that I think will go away with a taller and stiffer spring.

·
I have wonderous butt cheeks
8,054 Posts
Are these still the 2" drop, or 1.6"?

·
TEAM Member
2,059 Posts
I should have 1 or 2 sets of each. We shipped a few today. I am holding a set for someone. But I have at least 1 set of each left when I left today.

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
I just got mine, great springs and fast shipping. YOU GUYS ROCK!!!

Scott

1 - 13 of 13 Posts