Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Apex\'i S-AFC ......WOW!!!!

Well after 2 days of looking for information and feedback in the internet yesterday I finished with the installation and first settup for my AFC. All I can say is "pu~neta", it was worth it. (Sorry for the cusing in spanish). The car pulls so hard on third is a joke. The guy who helped me has one on his Mitsu Mirage Technica and I believe he knows what his doing, after all his car has a custom turbo kit, is a four door automatic and it's running e.t. of 13.8sec at 108 mph. He suggested to keep the ranger maf and work with it, and the car works great at idle, is a little sluggish when cold, but once it gets to working temperature is like it has a demon inside or something. I plan to go to the track today and maybe next week I'll got to the Dyno to finish setting my cam gears and my AFC.

I suggest this combo with my eyes closed, but make sure you have someone that knows what he's doing first.

Thanks,

Miguel

·
Registered
395 Posts
Re: Apex\'i S-AFC ......WOW!!!!

Hmmm. had a friend put one on his zx3 and he had every bolt on and he said it wasnt worth it. Oh and he owns his own high performance shop so i'm sure he knows what he's doing.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Well the AFC optimizes Air and Fuel mixture, A lot of people say aftermarket Mafs give 4-5 whp. So I guess if 2+2=4 then AFC with my Ranger Maf = a great way to optimize my car's Air Fuel Mixture.

Miguel

·
Registered
174 Posts

I am toying with doing this myself. I have the ranger maf sitting beside my bed, it flows a lot better but it is not calibrated for our cars. Rather than getting a chip burned I will most likely get the S-AFC like Mhernande and use it to recalibrate the Air/Fuel ratio to suit my car. The best part about it is you can retune it later depending on what mods you add.

[email protected]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts