Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
do these really help? can i add fuel and take fuel and take fuel away?? is this like a ghetto Pectel? lol whats the deal and does it really help?

·
Registered
386 Posts
I hear that the benefits are negligable, it is a band-aid fix and may give you a few ponies here and there but nothing substancial...somebody else has doen it I believe it was Captain-orange....but I could be wrong....

·
Registered
309 Posts
I installed one a week ago, and a friend tuned it for me. I have the 3.0 Ranger Maf that gave me 10 whp dyno tested so I bought to optimize the air fuel ratio. It's a good tool if you get someone that is familiar with it and if you have access to a Dyno.

I'll be going to the Dyno next week so I'll let you guys know how do I do.

Miguel

·
Registered
395 Posts
Originally posted by mhernande:
I installed one a week ago, and a friend tuned it for me. I have the 3.0 Ranger Maf that gave me 10 whp dyno tested so I bought to optimize the air fuel ratio. It's a good tool if you get someone that is familiar with it and if you have access to a Dyno.

I'll be going to the Dyno next week so I'll let you guys know how do I do.

Miguel
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Boy you better spend some time on the dyno tuning, because your numbers seem kinda low for the mods you have. i made 125 hp and 130 torque with just AEM CAI, fc race header, vibrant catback and NO tuning.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Boy you better spend some time on the dyno tuning, because your numbers seem kinda low for the mods you have. i made 125 hp and 130 torque with just AEM CAI, fc race header, vibrant catback and NO tuning.[/QB][/QUOTE]

Those numbers are before the Apex'i, the FS Flex pipe and the Magnflow exhaust. I was loosing a lot of power with my custom exhaust it has bents everywhere.

I'm also reburning my chip in a week or so will see what happen.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Originally posted by mhernande:
Boy you better spend some time on the dyno tuning, because your numbers seem kinda low for the mods you have. i made 125 hp and 130 torque with just AEM CAI, fc race header, vibrant catback and NO tuning.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Those numbers are before the Apex'i, the Dmon Coil Pack, the FS Flex pipe and the Magnflow exhaust. I was loosing a lot of power with my custom exhaust it has bents everywhere.

I'm also reburning my chip in a week or so will see what happen.

[ 12-17-2002, 12:11 PM: Message edited by: mhernande ]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts