Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anybody knows how to install the apexi turbo timer? there are some parts that i'm not sure about especially the ECU. the installation guide doesn't show me the ECU for focus so does any body knows or have the website showing the ECU diagram?

does anybody have step to step guidelines to install this kit?

thx
greatly appreciated

·
Registered
267 Posts
Yup.. I've got directions..I installed mine last year.

Here you go...

-Terminal #1 is the run power circuit, it is a green/yellow wire, splice into it with the green wire coming off the harness.
-Terminal #4 is the 12v constant, it is a red wire, splice into it with the corresponding red wire
-Terminal #6 is the 12v accessory, it is a yellow wire, splice into it with the corresponding blue wire off the harness.

I'm pretty sure you understand how to do the E-Brake..

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok i got it.
now my question is where is the harness is located at since i've never open and peek around it. is it behind the steering wheel? or somewhere else

regarding the E-brake, i'm not sure as well since i've never done it, could you kindly post the instructions as well?

thx alot
greatly appreciated

·
Registered
267 Posts
Ok..you are going to have to take the steering column cover
Push those two clips in on the sides and it will fall out. Then you will see the wiring harness w/ the colors mentioned above. You are going to have to do some splicing since of course it's not a plug and play issue. Once you take the cover off, you should see what I'm talking about.

The ebrake is very simple. First you must take out the center console exposing the e-brake. You will see, i believe it was a black wire instead of the gray. You are going to splice into that or you will just have the wire touching the sensor like the stock one.. it's your choice..like i said you will see what i'm talking about once you take a look at it.
It took me a few hours to figure it out until finally I had found some directions, but it shouldn't be no more than a 45 minute job.. good luck..
BTW you do have the pen-style one? The A/F wire is suppose to hook up to pin#60 on the ECU, but I never had the chance to hook up the A/F and 02 sensor wires, so can't help in that department.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
alrite then, i'll go as what u guide me then, thank you so much for the tips and
yes, my turbo timer is the pen-style one.
i'll find some time and hook it up then, if i need help can i PM you?

thx

·
Registered
267 Posts
LOL.. I feel like I've been on focaljet all night and morning. Turning into a post whore! J/k.. yeah, go ahead and PM. I have a pic of mine, but I'll have to send you the link instead of pic (not sure how yet).

http://community.webshots.com/user/ga_zx3

Tell us how it turns out

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i did try 2 hook it up 2day but the color of the wire from the terminal mentioned doesnt match

mine,
terminal 1 is white, hooked up with green from timer
terminal 4 is yellow/black, hooked up with red from timer
terminal 6 is green/orange, hooked up with blue from timer

did i do it right?
for the current wiring, my turbo timer doesn't working properly as well. they turned on when i turned the ignition on, and off when i turned the ignition off.

i guess there must be something wrong with the wiring..or is it the timer?

does anyone know how 2 fix my current problem?
thx

·
Registered
267 Posts
Hmm.. I don't think Ford would change anything on the ignition; cost wise.. The only thing I can think of is that you connected the wires ontot the wrong harness.. If I remeber right, there were two harness'. There was one that had a bunch of small wires connected to the ignition and then there was another harness down there.. I have to say that the directions I gave you are correct.

My suggestion is to look for the harness w/ the wires: red, green/yellow and yellow..

Red will always and most of the time be connected w/ the corresponding red(power).

Try looking for the other harness, it's right there. If you can't find the matching colors, then you'll have to get a wiring diagram

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
the harness that i hooked up is the harness that is connected to the jack right behind the steering wheel.
i thought it should be the harness since it has number in it. i believe it has 12 terminals altogether.

i'll go and check it out again today thx

·
Registered
446 Posts
Patrick, you got PM.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i hooked up it right this time. yes u were right, i was hooking it up to the wrong harness. it was the harness on the left side that i'm supposed to hooked up with but instead of that, i put it on the right side harness

all i need now is to hook up to the ebrake and the ECU part.
thx 4 da guidelines patrick..appreciate it

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
<font color="blue">^^ POST WHORE!!!!
</font>

1 - 13 of 13 Posts