Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought the SVT front brakes, but I plan on doing some better rotors/pads combo...but I was wondering if the brembo slotted rotors actually make a good diff.......I just hear "Brembo" all over saying they are great this and that....just wanted to hear ya'lls opinions

·
Registered
8,101 Posts
Brembo has a really nice reputation, but their rotors aren't really that much better than other brands. Cross-drilled rotors won't last as long as normal, and they won't really help you unless you're driving on a real track.

·
Registered
18,488 Posts
yeh...many people buy them thinking they'll get some serious performance real cheap (well in comparison to a brake kit)

yes they'll give u better stopping distance but will warp pretty quick with everyday driving/conditions...i've had them and wont buy them unless they are for a track car

-chris

·
Registered
976 Posts
never had a warp problem with my EBC rotors, had them for a year now and they are much better than stock

·
Pron Star
14,609 Posts
I run the crap out of the Brembo MAX rotors and they are great. Unfortunately you cannot get them in North America anymore.

·
Registered
2,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well......we can get the Brembo rotors from Focus Sport w/o having to order across seas

·
Registered
2,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
so what do you all think then?......get the brembos or something else?

·
Official [FJ] Distinguished Advisor
19,806 Posts
Brembo OE replacement rotors are all you need plus a high-quality performance brake pad.

The SVT's brakes are outstanding, even stock...

·
Registered
2,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
O yeah I can definitely tell the diff.......but the Brembos look so sexy so I figure if I'm going to change the rotors out, why not do it all nice and right
thanks for the info fellas

1 - 9 of 9 Posts