Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Internet = Serious Business
628 Posts
I can't believe how Ford gives the rest of the world cars like that and we're stuck with watered down junk.

·
MAKE IT RAIN! ... is that like [email protected](3+/ a [email protected]" and @
7,550 Posts
I can't believe how Ford gives the rest of the world cars like that and we're stuck with watered down junk.
[baby voice] YEH! WHAT ARE WE's...CHOPPED LIVERS???[/baby voice]

·
Registered
7,351 Posts
I dont understand the rational here. We are the superior country, and we get the [censored] cars!

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
while I hate to admit it, it's all due to marketing. if more american consumers wanted badass cars, such as this one seems to be, then there'd be definite marketing for that car over here. when maybe only 10,000 people out of a few million want cars like that, then there's no economic sense to bringing it over and changing things to accomodate the north american market.

what's more, you also have to look at our ecological laws (why there's "logical" in that word, I'll never understand). americans are so consumed with keeping beautiful what there already is that they'd rather take the step down in power and whatnot to keep a tree or 2. don't get me wrong, I'm a nature lover like nobody I've ever known, but at the same time I'd like to roll a RS focus, or even that TS50. hell, I won't lie.... [whisper] I have a race header [/whisper] and I'm not ashamed of it. I've thought about getting a cat welded in the flexpipe location to try and help with that DPFE-malfunctioning-all-the-damned-time sensor, but I haven't done it as yet.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
but still for 45 grand you can get ya somthin else thats badass..of course thats 45 grand aussie dollars..no tellin what it would be in american..still though US ford should do somthin like that for the taurus..i hate working on the dohc taurus' at work..they suck..make em RWD for the love of GOD..

·
Not so Photo Master
6,625 Posts
I dont understand the rational here. We are the superior country, and we get the [censored] cars!
you can thank the liberals for that.

seriously.

·
Registered
744 Posts
It's not a hard conversion to make...

1 AUD = 0.678612 USD

45,000 AUD = 30,537.56 USD
*cough* Evo 8, RX8, STi etc etc etc */cough*

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
i'll make my own car if i hit the lotto lol

·
Registered
674 Posts
Well, you'd have to bring 4 in to crash test 3...so the lotto would cover that...
Not true based on the new show and display laws. You only have to prove that it is a car not sold in the USA in any form, and that it merits coming here for show purposes. I believe under S&D you can only drive it 5k miles a year, but I'm not sure.

BTW, that car is designed built and sold only in Australia.

·
Registered
2,296 Posts

Wouldn't you rather have something newer? Something with with ~390hp instead of "only" about 295.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
while I hate to admit it, it's all due to marketing. if more american consumers wanted badass cars, such as this one seems to be, then there'd be definite marketing for that car over here. when maybe only 10,000 people out of a few million want cars like that, then there's no economic sense to bringing it over and changing things to accomodate the north american market.

what's more, you also have to look at our ecological laws (why there's "logical" in that word, I'll never understand). americans are so consumed with keeping beautiful what there already is that they'd rather take the step down in power and whatnot to keep a tree or 2. don't get me wrong, I'm a nature lover like nobody I've ever known, but at the same time I'd like to roll a RS focus, or even that TS50. hell, I won't lie.... [whisper] I have a race header [/whisper] and I'm not ashamed of it. I've thought about getting a cat welded in the flexpipe location to try and help with that DPFE-malfunctioning-all-the-damned-time sensor, but I haven't done it as yet.
I agree.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I think that I read up on these last year and I remember reading that it has heritage and stuff in Australia like the mustang has heritage here. It's like if we took mustangs and camaros over to Japan and expected them to sell quickly because of all the history they have in the US. It's just meant for a different market.

-Tyler

1 - 20 of 21 Posts