Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
I'm a ass man!
5,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Feel free to discuss the sim. Does it live up to the hype?

And here is a bit of that hype...

Hopefully by October, I'll see you on the track. ;)

·
I'm a ass man!
5,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
I did say hype, right?

The graphics are OK, not up to the level of Project Cars, but the sound... Holy Crap! The 787 sounded exactly like the real video. At some points I wondered if that was just audio from the live footage only, until I heard breaks when the sound icons switched and the real car's brakes were audible.

From what I read and seen on Youtube, the game has awesome handling. I can't wait!

·
I'm a ass man!
5,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
And there will be the usual milking of gamers monies. Day one DLC, Pre-Orders... Both of these are to be avoided at all costs. You do not need to pre-order a digital game, the servers will not run out of digital copies and have to wait for a resupply. Day one DLC on a game you've never played... Um no. As much as I am interested in Assetto Corsa, I am not getting DLC or buying a "higher tier" version of the game. I don't need VIP status, or some sort of first class treatment. I want to expierence the game. If I like it and see that some VIP program gives me something of real value other than a hand full of cars and top listing in the User generated content area, then sure; but I doubt that will ever happen. (Yes that was a dig at Forza)

On top of that, I am not getting the Xbone version. I am waiting until my PC is built and this will be one of the first games I get.

·
I'm a ass man!
5,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I already have it on the Xbone, and I will get it again once the rig is done. That way I can play it properly with a wheel and a system more capable to handle what Slightly Mad intended. Right now Project Cars' Game of the Year Edition is only $31.38 on Steam, so it's a definite as well. Now that I think of it, that is a steal at that price, and I do have a Steam acct...

I just always wanted to play AC, and I am using it as a motivator to complete the rig. Plus any talk of the game, whether on PC or console is interesting enough.

·
I'm a ass man!
5,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
I'm a ass man!
5,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
And here it is. The CSL wheelbase and pedals are available for Pre-order. It's a $300 wheelbase that's quite similar to the Club Sport Wheelbase. I assume that the all metal interior isn't on this wheelbase because; the place where the acrylic window would be, is covered with (an ugly) panel. It has built in shift lights, which probably will not work on the Xbone, and it can use any of the CSW wheel rims. Console compatibility is dependant on what steering wheel you choose. Nothing yet for Playstation compatibility, but you have the CSL-P1 wheel rim and the Xbox Universal Hub options for the Xbone.

Fanatec is offering an Assetto Corsa Edition; which consists of the wheelbase, CSL-Elite pedals w/ Loadcell brake, the CSL-P1 wheel rim and a "free" copy of Assetto Corsa for the Xbone. All for the price of $640.00. :rolleyes:

https://www.fanatec.com/us-en/bundle/product;bundle_id;108

Sticking with what I got, has just become a little more appealing. :lol:

·
Cantankerous Quacker
3,515 Posts
Yep. I would like to have the new CSW, but they're a bit too pricey. So as long as my Turbo S continues to spin I'm happy with that.

As for XBOX compatibility? Meh.

Though I can't decide if Im saddened or amused seeing that apparently the Asseto Corsa dev's have sold their souls.

·
I'm a ass man!
5,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Don't be too sad about Kunos' soul. Apparently 505 Games' port to consoles has a few hitches. Like Project Cars, the frame rate isn't locked at 60. Also there is reported to be a lot of screen tearing on both the Xbone and the PS4's versions. Granted the frame rates aren't all over the place like Project Cars' frame rates, which sometimes goes into slide show mode; but still it's noticeable frame drops. Couple that with both consoles lacking in visuals and things that are free are now DLC, one would be crazy to get the console version if they had access to the PC version.

Oh and you can use Fanatec wheels on the PC. That's something that cannot be said for the PS4, and the Xbone is restricted to pricy options.

Tested the CSR today. It fired up with no problems. Pedals still registered clean signals, and the brake pedal was nice and stiff. :thumbup:

·
I'm a ass man!
5,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I bought my first Steam game today, and the strangest part is...

I don't have a PC to play it on yet. :lol:

I caved in and grabbed Assetto Corsa on Steam's store for $17 today. Yay! One step closer to getting the gaming rig up and running.

·
I'm a ass man!
5,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It's one of the games I want the most, so I got it as an incentive to build the PC.

·
I'm a ass man!
5,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
This is old news for this game in particular, but the Porsche packs has been released...

http://store.steampowered.com/app/526060/

http://store.steampowered.com/app/540710/

http://store.steampowered.com/app/540711/

Here's the steam Page...

http://store.steampowered.com/app/244210/

Porsche is on it's way to other popular racing games and sims now that the exclusive deal with EA is done with. Most notable sims and games to get Porsche are iRacing and Granturismo. GT's Kazonouri Yamauchi hasn't announced an expansion officially but he has been quoted saying that GT will get Porsche when the contract with EA expires.

As for Porsche in AC, the cars are well represented.

Here's pack one, via Empty Box's YouTube channel...

·
I'm a ass man!
5,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Oh and it's nice seeing V.I.R. with out a bunch of tire walls messing up the sight lines. Thanks FM6 for ruining an iconic track! :rant:

:lol:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts